Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocking news.... Mark Mockovak Released from NASCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fields View Post
    Cynthia, it's not just Mark and Al. Don't forget people like Jeremy Davidson, and about six others that didn't survive the off-season NASCAR masacre.
    You are correct, I was not intending on slighting Jeremy at all. It was a complete oversight on my part. I had met Jeremy at Riverside Park , many years ago.
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

I'd just like to hear NASCAR's reason. I announced at Riverhead, and Richmond the first guy to ever come see me at the races I was announcing was Mark. We would get as announcers so much stuff from Mark about the tour, it's drivers, press releases, sponsor info everything. We never ran out of things to say. You remember the Richmond race with the sun delay?? Mark called up to the press box to make sure I had enough to talk about during the delay. He cared, it's hard to find people in NASCAR that care the way Mark Macovak did, and probably always will. If NASCAR was smart they would promote Mark, not let him go, they could really use people with the passion that this guy has.

Good luck to you Mark in all you do.

Steve Halpin
    There's nothing like an open wheel modified

Interesting that with 4 days left till Riverhead, there has been no NASCAR PR put out for this race as with previous races this season.
    Only PR so far are the 2 from Riverhead Raceway!!!!!!
    OOPS!!! Someone is dropping the ball here!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

was there an announcement of who took his place? or is it still vacant? or maybe they are not planning on filling it??

As per other post, I just recieved NASCAR WMT for Riverhead. Seems they will be from Jason Christley and with a new format, starting with Riverhead's PR, in a Word Document style, with multiple PR's and color. This may be a difficult PR to put together as it's many stories. I will sort out and have up on main page of TCH about 10pm tonight.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

NASCAR's new Public Relations story for Riverhead's Miller Lite 140 is up.
    NASCAR is now using a new multimedia, multi story format. I have posted them as an Adobe [Acrobat] .PDF, which leaves the original format as sent. Most people have the reader installed so it should open right up, if not, the link to the Reader is on the front page of The Chrome Horn.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Thats an interesting PR release. I liked the Info on Mike Ewanitsko. It was a nice little piece on Mike. I wonder who his Crazy fans in Turn 2 are. I sit there all the time and don't see any crazy people.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Tooner
    That's quite a work of art for a press release. Alot of work went into it.
    Although I'll always be partial to Mark M and all he did for the tour through the years. I have spoken to Jason Christley on the phone about the Whelen All American Division info in the past, and he seems like a very nice, intelligent guy.

Mark will still be missed, but maybe Jason should get a chance to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hampton Jitney View Post
    Thats an interesting PR release. I liked the Info on Mike Ewanitsko. It was a nice little piece on Mike. I wonder who his Crazy fans in Turn 2 are. I sit there all the time and don't see any crazy people.
    Ok, are you asking for pictures???? LOL
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Thread Information