Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Prayer for John Blewett III

Wow... Thanks Fran, I had forgotten about that.
    John III and Jimmy
    The Blewett Family
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

GBierce

George # 19 , Grasso Bros. & Crew

Our Prayers & Thoughts Are With The Blewett Family.
    Last edited by GBierce; 08-18-2007 at 07:38 AM.

broz
    From myself and the entire family of Jr. Ambrose we send our sincere condolences.
    My dad has fond memories of running against the Blewetts at Wall and wanted the family to know his prayers are with you.

Thompson International Speedway August 9th, 2007. I have the week off and head up to Ct. I walked into the pits and begin my journey to finding the Eddie Partridge rig. As most times I've seen John Blewett III he was over looking his modified, this time his #5 SK ride when he and his brother arrived. It was a smile that just beemed excitment and joy. He seemed to live and breathe racing.

I talked with Jimmy two weeks before the tour race at the Baldwin/Charlie J/Evans Memorial race. I was able to do a Pitbull interview with him 2 years prior. We talked about many things, but in the video he talked of how much his brother was his hero. His memories growing watching his brother racing and all he wanted to do was the same thing that brought a smile to his brothers face. He came from such a strong history from his father racing all over the northeast.Wall Stadium seemed to be his home, till he had to hit the road and Islip and Riverhead became his home among other tracks, when New Eygpt was paved, Stafford and Thompson. Seeemed there was a race every night of the week. John III wanted to do the same thing. He was able to make a go of things and Jimmy wanted a piece of the pie too.

While talking to Jimmy, we wanted to do a Pitbull the night of the tour race with him and his big brother John. Due to The Evernham race taking place at Wall that night, John had to be where he was needed. I was looking foward to seeing the two brothers smiling and laughing telling stories growing up at the tracks. Jimmy and John meeting the first time on the track, their famous battles on the track and their big grins as the bumped each over all over the track. No matter what the out come was, they always loved each other. I will forever rememeber seeing John with the huge smile of his looking over his machine, with his brother by his side. I will rememeber seeing John and Jimmy together laughing in the pits at Thompson. This was his life, this was his family!
    Godspeed John Blewett III
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

BlingxBling
    My condolences to the entire Blewett family. John will certainly be missed.

DLia

Thanks

Just want to say Thank You Johnny. Thanks for the friendship and memories, the insight you gave me, and all the help you offered and provided. You were an amazing driver, but more importantly much more of an amazing one of a kind person. It will never be the same without you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the whole Blewett family. JB IV is out there racing today just the way you would of wanted him to.
    RIP bud,
    Don, Donny and the LMI crew

There are no words to descibe how we feel right now.

To Grandpa, Junior, Jimmy and the entire Blewett family, we are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the team and a part of your lives.

To the rest of the crew, you are all the best of the best, stay strong.

John......you were a great friend and you are loved and missed more and more with each day. Thank you for so many great memories.

Lisa & Dave
    aka........Blewett Motorsports North
    RIP JBIII............you are loved and missed my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by chrome horn View Post
    When I compiled this over the winter, I never thought it would be used as a memorial TCH Blewett's/

I'm still at a loss for words. God Bless John and the Blewett familly
    Very nice Fran

mrhotrod
    John, you'll be missed greatly by all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Blewett family.

The sun rises today and it’s another day I’m left continually thinking about JBIII and the events of Thursday’s race. I’m trying to find some solace, but it’s been very difficult to find any comfort – I’ll continue to try though and more importantly – I pray for John’s family.

The last several years I’ve been admiring John’s success in a Modified. To me he was an unassuming hero, a fierce competitor and a tremendous talent.

As I walked the pits prior to the Bud 150 – I walked by John who was sitting on a nerf bar – I looked over in his direction and was immediately stuck by his brilliant blue eyes – I thought of asking for a picture but I didn’t want to interrupt him – in retrospect, I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded.. Instead I snapped a picture of his car.

This has been a devastating and tragic event – I pray that time, faith, courage and understanding will help heal everyone’s shattered hearts.

My thoughts are with the entire Blewett family, their friends and fans – and fans of Modified racing who will feel the void left behind by a talented driver and a quality man; one who was quietly building a racing resume worthy of praise and admiration.

God Speed John – rest in peace.

Chris Goldsnider

I awoke on Friday morning and turned on the local news as I normally do. The first news story I heard about was about John. My wife burst into tears and I was in total shock. I had to work Friday and was away all weekend and couldn't reflect on how I felt though the thought of JBIII was not with us anymore rolled through my mind all weekend. I spoke with Raceaddict24 on Friday and he informed me about what had happened.

Now, Monday evening, I've had time to reflect, I am deeply saddened and very upset and I feel for the whole Blewett family and our thoughts and prayers go out to them. I've read all the posts in this thread and I find myself welling up with tears now and again. I am just a fan and I didn't know him personally but we are a close knit family and when as tragidy like this strikes, it saddens us as if a family member is lost, and it pulls us together. I can't imagine a tour race without him, he made it just that more exciting. John was as tough as nails to be sure!!

I also would like to thank Mike Stefanik and Eddie Flemke for parking their cars out of respect, you are true gentlemen!!

Race on JBIII....We'll miss you!

Rob,aka,
    Stefanikfan.

Thread Information