Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 laps

Smile 50 laps

What a race by Alfano on Sat. I give 2 thumbs up. He really has that car working great this year, to come from the back of the field. Back in June, when he came out for one race he was the 2nd fastest. Now he just show everyone what he & the car can do. I hope to see him come back????

You might want to reconsider what you've said here, in light of the official outcome.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Nothing for nothing he did put on a great show.He ruffed a couple of people up but thats short track racing .He never dumped anyone and everyone keep there cool.Too bad he got dq'd.Definatly the run of the night.

what was the infraction??
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

Tires I believe, if someone can confirm. It was a great race to watch and to see Ken come from the back, he moved every car out of his way, never did he spin anyone! We were all going crazy on the back, no one could believe Kenny could work over a car that was that fast! Good run. Hopefully he can pull it off again without being Dq'ed.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Old Tires is what they DQ'd him on, not juiced but old, never heard of that and I heard he ran quite the race and was willing to let them tear down whatever they wanted to ck, seems a bit unfair to me but thats just my opinion....Julie, good run for Kenny and you keep writing what ya feel about your favorite driver.
    He didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya, he rubbed ya and Rubbin is Racin!!!!!!

50 lapper

As for the question of the dq....... it was for "unapproved tires"..... said tires were Hoosier F-55 tires on the left side of the car. Was told the new tires that are being run are a harder tire this year. The renamed 1055 tire. After a call to Hoosier Tire East, I was told it is the same tire, just with a new numbering system instead of a letter. Plus, the tire with the stamp F-55 was the tire the season started with, and is now stamped 1055. So the "unofficial tires" are the same tires every Late Model is running. Plus these tires were official enough to pass tech to start the race and the other two races I ran this year. Guess it matters what year you bought the tire to make them "official"

Kenny Alfano

randomrodder
    Sounds to me like you have a real legit protest there. I don't mean to argue with them but to provide the proof.

It was one heck of a run, I'll give you that much. Good job!

Are we all serious here?
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

Just for the record, the ''old'' f-55's are about 3 tenths of a second slower, because they are about 10 durometer points harder than the ''new'' 1055 tires. I just wanted to clear that up. I dont know who was or wasn't using f-55's, but if someone was on them and was that fast, it would be amazing.

That car was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a car that hardly races anymore to come through that field was amazing!! And had the old f-55 tires, which are 10 points harder! Definitely put on a show out there.

Charlie's Angel
    I don't know anything about tires. But I do know that it was a very exciting race to watch. The end of the race had us all on our feet. Too bad for the DQ but really great racing!

Great job Kenny.

Put on some "Official" tires, go win a race and stick it to the man!!!

50 laps

It was the run of the night with Alfano,NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!! In his wife's eyes he won.
    Julie

Wink

Good for you Julie and so you should feel this way and be proud of the way he ran, no one should take this away from you. Kenny is a winner on August 18th for a lot of people that saw him drive, and come from where he did, so my hat is off to you both. As for the tires, I still don't think it's fair, they did pass post race tech. With all that is going on at the track and car counts so down, you think Riverhead would have said, "Wow look at this guy drive, he came from the back." No, instead they take the win away from him, and let me tell ya that Kenny made quite the impression on a lot of people that night, and this would have been wonderful publicity for the track. But no, to take the win away from him because of the tires, when maybe Riverhead is just upset because he didn't spend the money for new tires, and he could win and show everyone that you can win on old tires. Whatever everyone's opinion is on this, in my eyes and a few other people's, this was Kenny Alfano's night, this was his win to share with his family and sponsors. Kenny, all I can say is don't pack it in and not Race at Riverhead, you hold your head high and show them what ya got. 14 Late Models, 12 Late Models, if Riverhead keeps this up, soon there will be No Late Models. Remember when the field was full of Late Models? Not any more, and that's a shame.

He didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya, he rubbed ya and Rubbin is Racin!!!!!!

Thread Information