Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Race at Mountain - Oct. 20

Truck Race at Mountain - Oct. 20

On Saturday, October 20th, Mountain Speedway will be hosting a truck race in conjuction with the Nelma race held that day. Here is a little bit out of the Nelma press release...

In addition to the 100-lap Late Model capstone event, Mountain Speedway will feature a 75-lap Street Stock Showdown and a Pro Truck Challenge. The Street Stock Showdown will feature Street Stocks from throughout the Northeast, battling for $1,000 to win. The Pro Trucks will consist of pick-ups featured at tracks such as Lake Erie Speedway, Riverhead Raceway, Wall Township Speedway and series such as the All Star Trucks and the Pro Truck Tour.

Stay tuned for more info on the event. I hope that we all can attend and make it a fun race. Plus, it gives you a chance of racing outside of Riverhead.
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

We'll be there!!
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

I think any of you who go will be glad you did. Last year, 5 trucks ran the race, and it would be great to see more, as this is a nice track to race at. Ask your fellow LM drivers, I'm sure they will tell you the same.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

motor and weight

Is it a fact that the other venues let their trucks have bigger power and less weight compared to Riverhead's trucks ? Anyone know for sure?
    TS Motorsports
    #41 Blunderbust

The problem,Terry, is that there are a few different types of trucks running. Though all look alike on the surface, once you get underneath and inside, the differences are many, with weight and HP being primary.
    This is also true of 'Late Models', but for NELMA, the rules are written in such a way as to allow anything from a Riverhead Charger to a Mountain Late Model be competitive for the purpose of the race, with minor changes to try and 'even thing up'.

And WJ, following that philosophy, the same will be applied to trucks.

Kinda of an outlaw series that is run during the World Series of Racing at Thompson.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

I personally don't care, as long as I'm racing somewhere, and somewhat competitive. I'd still like to get one of our rain out dates back!!
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

LOL, gee Wayne, how do you make it through the Winter, LOL???

I will be there racing this time, not like last year, where I sent my truck and had a fill-in driver because the fiance had to plan our engagement party the day of the race. So no worries, let's hope for more than 12 trucks that they had from last year. (Riverhead, Wall, ARTS trucks where all there.)
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

Ask my neighbors.lol
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

badone07
    Is there going to be a trophy and proper feature/event winning sticker this year?

edit... bah, nevermind.
    Last edited by badone07; 08-27-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Ask my neighbors.lol
    I get it. Depending on the weather, you race a leaf-vac or a sno-blower, right, LOL???

Cool Truck Race at Mountain

All the Trucks from TEDDY BEAR RACING, 5 Sr. 42 Jr. and The rookie 95 Erin will be making the trip to Mountain for this year's race.

Thread Information