Thread: Congrats to the 17x

Congrats to the 17x

I really want to be the first to congratulate the 17x Jon Ellwood on I believe his first championship. I know it's not over yet, but with the car counts, I think all he has to do is roll onto the track the next two weeks. John and crew have had an awesome year. Staying out of the wrecks and finishing top 5 almost every week. You have driven smart the last 10 weeks and have earned the championship. Can't say more about the crew since the car has held up all year. I have never had a problem racing with you besides 5 years ago, my first year,LOL. I think I tried to do the roll over on top of your car. It's easy to say bad things about people behind their backs, and talk about what they do and what they must have because they are fast, but I tell you straight out honest,you are one of the fastest cars and you do DESERVE the championship. I know everyone is competitive and everyone wants to win every week and I'm the same way. The funny thing is, Im happy that you won, I wish it was me, Furrdogg,kevin or Tom A., but you know what, you deserve it, so congrats. I'm just happy and lucky enough to live my dream to race. I feel like the luckiest person on earth when I'm in the car. To win a championship would be the icing on the cake, but if I don't, oh well, I'll still be happy and have a smile from ear to ear every week. So congrats to all of you guys, I'm not the bad guy you think I am. 81
    Last edited by bulldozer; 09-04-2007 at 02:55 PM.

I want to add my early congratulations also. Everyone on your team deserves a pat on the back, and a tip of the hat for the job you all did this year. A little 'magic touch' almost every week never hurt , but you guys did everything right, and your championship is well deserved.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

It's not over yet ... still mathematically possible !!!

It'll take a combination of some great driving by Kevin and some unfortunate luck from the 17x, but not really impossible. Either way, I think the 99 ran a great season himself, 8 top-5's in 11 races. The Jam says he missed a race, but I don't recall it, was I not there or is it a Jam mistake?

The 66 was black flagged out of a race and DQ'd early in the season.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

We all know Kev can drive...don't count him out yet!
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Congrats to Ellwood and the rest of the 17x crew on a great year!!

Kevin missed the first race of the season because the car (motor?) was not ready in time.
    Last edited by Turbo; 09-04-2007 at 08:45 AM.

It's a shame Kevin missed the first race, it would be a close points races, but also how many times has he been caught up in other people's mess and still came back to finish in the top 5, for example this weekend.... also like to have seen if the 66 didn't miss week 1, get wrecked week 2, and get DQed week 3 ( ) where he would be in the points right now! I bet he would be challenging for that championship and be the highest rookie in points since some #22 back in 2005.

Either way, both have had awesome seasons.

Justin Bonsignore

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    Congrats Jimmy Jon on your championship! You drove great this year and very smart the past few weeks with the championship in sight. If it wasn't for the overheating opening night, you could've clinched weeks ago.

Is Buuuuuuddddyyyy THERE?!
    WWWHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now that it's OFFICIAL, congrats to John Ellwood and the entire #17x team on your championship.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Great job buddy
    Last edited by woodbutcher; 09-16-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Congrats Jimmy Jon, can I have a shirt this week?

I agree ... you and your guys did a great job all season, and I had fun and learned some things racing with you this year... so congrats and enjoy your 2007 Charger Championship!!!

Thread Information