Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Popular Driver

Fig8 T.K.

Most Popular Driver

Congratulations Jessica Larsen on being voted The Blunderbust Most Popular Driver. Do not let the ridiculous behavior of one your competitors ruin it for you. Are you sure he isn't a child in disguise? His actions on the racetrack when you received your award and in the pits was uncalled for. I cannot believe this man has children and treated a young girl the way he did. I do not think it helped prove he should have been most popular driver. Hopefully, everyone will remember what he did this year and he will get even less votes next year. I was always a fan of this driver, but my opinion has changed after tonight.

Uncle Tom

Congratulations Jessica! You made some nice strides this season, good for you and your team. Enjoy the moment.
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

debbie33
    Congrats Jessica it is well deserved!! You carry yourself very well and do deserve the award!!!!

voodoocadoo
    Congrats Jessica you by far are the most popular driver. My kids, when they come to the track, always want to stop by your trailer and get a pic and say hello. Then I ask them what about daddy? They tell me they can get to see me all the time. About the big baby in the pits, he does not even exist in my kids eyes!!

Russ

Do You Voo Doo

concordcharlie
    Congratulations to you all.

KickItUp
    Personally, I feel someone NOT ASSOCIATED with the program, or any driver in the pit area up for the award, should be the vote counter.. Some non connected party, so then maybe no one could be hurt, or question anything..

There weren't any fans where I was sitting, and to not get deleted, which I have never been, I will not state my opinion on the matter..

Votes need to be counted and taken in by someone not assocated with racing, sponsors, family, friends.. Nearly impossible I know, but I really wish that's the way it was..

How and who votes for most popular driver? Any other time, it's usually the guy that wins the most races or the champion. I mean no disrespect to Joe or Jessica, but how does a driver that didn't do that well on the track at all get that distinction? Only 1 top ten. I personally think it should go to someone that did pretty good and everyone knows and likes. Example- Donny Oliver, most people at the track like him, rookie of the year, 11th in BB points, did a charity for the kids. All in his first year in that division. You always see him in or around the pits and out in the stands. Like I asked earlier, I dont know how it's done, so maybe someone could fill me in. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

Well Wayne allow me to clear this up for you lol. "Fans" vote through the ballots in the programs. Then at the end of the year a designated person counts the votes and a winner is declared.

Just a quick question, who counted the votes this year?
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

I believe the votes were supposed to be [I]mailed[I] into the racing office. Regardless of who does or does not work for the Cromartys' in their business offices, any votes would have been counted by numerous employees employed by Cromartys'. If you don't know... the Cromartys' are business people.. that means they own and run numerous businesses, so who knows which business/person is doing the actual count. I would imagine that someone connected with a driver/team would attempt to keep clear of the ballots so just this type of insinuation couldn't happen. Not every fan shows up every week... and the voting goes on for a few weeks.. so you may not be in the area of the track where there a large groups sit and voice their appreciation of a particular driver... doesn't mean they aren't liked by many [I]who bothered to cast thier vote!!![I]

Congrats Jessica. You came along way this year and have put up with more than your fair share of crap from some. Next year will be better...

Who counted the votes is irrellevent. It is the fact that you can fix it by obtaining the ballot form from people who can't be bothered, or leave their programs behind when the event is over. Having said that, the only way to make sure it is a true representation is to have the County Board of Elections make sure that only one person gets one vote. Not too likely, so you have to live with the way it is, and give it that much credence.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I always thought Steve Barrick- who doesn't really have much affiliation with Riverhead drivers at all, did the counting. I worked for programs about 5 or 6 years ago, as did 2 of the Larsens. We weren't even allowed to vote for that reason. This contest has NOTHING to do with standings or on the track performance. If anything, it's pretty impressive to win the award without any outstanding performance. Just goes to show the work she puts in AFTER the races, is really paying off.

It's also a bit ridiculous- from what I hear, the way 00ne driver reacted. N00 names mentioned. If it were any driver but a 17 year old girl, I think he would've reconsidered his rampage and childish antics.
    Last edited by Ka$h25; 09-09-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: I am an idiot.

So if I buy 100 programs filled them all out with a drivers name, that driver gets a 100 votes? So this is about $$$....again, you have to spend it in order to get the dominant vote!!
    Last edited by wayne; 09-09-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

Yeah, Wayne, now you understand it.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I'm wondering where Crazy Eddie finished. Seems that when he wins the crowd loves it. And he did throw quite a bash, and when it comes to signing certain body parts, He's a master!!
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

Well Wayne, if that's how you would get your Most Popular Drivers trophy it would be very sad.. now wouldn't it, to buy it for yourself.
    The idea of the vote is... if you purchase a program, you are asked to vote for someone you think deserves your recognition. A lot of drivers do things for racing off and away from the track and have a lot of exposure elsewhere. Then when you also see them at the track, you may just respond in a positive way by saying/thinking... this one I remember... I'll vote for so and so...
    Let's see... I've seen the figure 8 cars of Tom Kraft displayed at cars shows, at their sponsors businesses and in Patchogue at their "Alive at 5" I think it was called nights. Jessica was there, too, with her car... and a lot of people were there looking at, talking to, and getting autographs from both. I saw other cars there, too, once or twice, but not everytime like these two. More exposure = more potential votes!
    Regardless, of how it's achieved... it was a contest... ballots counted... a popular vote. If it cost you out of your pocket to get it... how sad no one likes you enough to care to vote.

Thread Information