Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunk tank

Woah, hold on there WJ...how is it that I'm getting volunteered to go IN the dunk tank? Trust me, no one wants to see me in a bathing suit, anyway ...they might dunk me just so they didn't have to look!
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy87BB View Post
    Woah, hold on there WJ...how is it that I'm getting volunteered to go IN the dunk tank? Trust me, no one wants to see me in a bathing suit, anyway ...they might dunk me just so they didn't have to look!
    Because most of the rest of us have other commitments that weekend. Hmmm, maybe we could send Peter???
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

My question wasn't so much why I was being volunteered to go as it was why I was being volunteered by you (my fellow JAM staff member) to be dunked...

Matt, be careful what you volunteer yourself for...I know you didn't run a full season, but you never know how many people you ticked off at some time or another until you offer to let them dunk you (be careful too, you don't know what kind of aim people have...they might tell you they're aiming for the bullseye and hit YOU instead!).
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

LOL!!! Well Tracy, fortunately I don't think that I got anyone angry this year. I also believe there is a cage of some sort in front of the person who is being dunked. So I wouldn't mind it. I said it before, if a dunk tank is present, let me know, and I will gladly take the seat.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

Seriously, getting back to the issue of how to fill the tank. If you contact the local Fire Dept. and ask, they may just be able to send a truck and a couple of guys out to fill it for you. Many FD's do that as a public service for fund raising event like this one. It's worth asking; the worst that can happen is they say no.

If you can get them to do it, the only problem left is how to warm up the water. Either that, or the person going in is going to need a wetsuit, LOL!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I remember when they would even fill a pool if you went and asked them. I was a fireman back then. Of course backyard pools were not so common back then, lol.

Hey Rick.. we remember those days of filling pools with a fire truck too. Boy, was that water COLD coming out if the hydrants and sitting in the tanks of the trucks. BRRRRR!!!!
    I don't know if that's even a possibility anymore... they add an additive nowadays, light water (of all names). It helps the water to be more effective with less amounts needed... however, I don't know if its safe to be "dunked/immersed" in. Yeah, firemen get wet sometimes, but not soaked to the skin... and if they do, they are de-contaminated at the scene or the firehouse very quickly.

Hey Rick... remember trying to put out car fires that had magnesium engines???? Thousands of gallons of water later and it was still burning!

Karen

Thread Information