Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great figure 8 race

Great figure 8 race

Thanks to all the fig8 drivers for an awesome race last night, especially from lap 5 to lap 20 or something like that (which seemed like it was going on forever). When you guys get going like last night, as a fan, watching the race was great. Thanks.

I have to say, that was one of the most exciting Figure 8 races I've seen in a while. The long green flag stretch made for some great racing, especially at the X. Great job, guys!
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Heck of a job by that 13 too. Everyone knows the 28 is a force and not many are able to hold him off like Mujsce did last night. It got a bit hairy a couple times, but Mike held on tight. The action at the "X" is fun to watch, but anytime it affects the leaders of the race, its not something you enjoy. One driver had a couple close calls, and was paying so much attention to the "X" that he was driving in a bit over his head in the turns.

racenut38
    Great job guys, congrats to 13 of Mike Mujsce. good race.

What a great race, Roger is faster than the whole field, we know it! But it was great watching Mike hold off the King of the 8's. Lap after lap, both of them going tooth and nail, when it looked like Roger had him, they were in another turn. With the green flag laps and coming to the X, we had drivers going through with the leaders coming on strong. I thought for sure we were headed to some kinda accident. Thank the good Lord, it didn't happen! Congrats to Roger for a another championship, congrats to Mike for bringing home another win. I thought Kraft was going to bring it on strong at the end.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Congrats. to both Mike and Roger for their fantastic race last night. Mike for his win, Roger his championship.
    And as for the rest of the cars they put on a spectacular race too. Everyone was racing hard throughout the entire race. Good show to everyone!!!

One of the most exciting Figure-8 races I've seen in quite some time. These guys put on a race that had the crowd on the edges of their seats, showing what Figure-8 races are supposed to be all about. Congrats to Mike on his win, to Roger on his charge back to second place and Championship, and the whole field on a wonderful display of Figure-8 racing. BRAVO!!!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

00 RBDJ
    Congratulations to Roger on the Championship and to Mike on his win. I think that last nights race was probably one of the most exciting races that we've seen. Great job everyone..

There was a good 7-10 laps that Roger was behind Mujsce. NO ONE has held Roger back like that all year. Call it blocking, but it was some gooood blocking. I'm sure we can count on Rick to upload the tape and there should be a good view of the battle. If we could ignore the cars involved we'd see it was a good battle, there shouldn't be a battle for first place without some paint being swapped.

Can't wait to see the video!! Come on Rick everyone is waiting for your GREAT video!!
    Way to go Roger 1 more lap you would have gotten him!!

We started the race with very little rear brake. Last week the bracket holding one of the calipers twisted, which it won't do again, and broke the rotor and hat. Fixed all that but the bleeder on the other caliper was froze and we ended up changing the caliper at the track, but still had problems. I believe the master went bad. Tom was actually pumping the brake in the straightaways so he could get some rear brake. It was okay till he he got hit and bent a ball joint and upper and after that had a ton of camber and probably two inches toed out. I noticed as Carl was leaving the tear down his left front looked like it was going soft so who knows what a few more laps would have changed. This was a while after the race so it might have been fine for a few more laps. I hope to have the tape up tonight.

Yep, they both should've went to the back, They gave Mike back the lead which was bull. It was because of his dirty driving the caution came out. Great officiating!!!! NOT!

Would like to say thanks on behalf of my dad. He doesn't go on here.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

The officials said the caution was for Roger because he didn't pull away immediately, as Mike did. That's the official reason for their placement in the restarting order.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thumbs up Yea Leah, You Tell Them!!

Leah, I couldn't agree with you more, EVERY word!! I tried to say it just a good as you did but my post got deleted!! And after MANY PM's to W.J. basically I was told, "We are all entitled to think what we think. We are NOT all entitled to put it up on the message boards."

My dad had to start in back again so.....

I actually was cheering on T.K. to beat Mujsce before my father got back up there.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Thread Information