Thread: Safer Web Site Redone...

Smile Safer Web Site Redone...

The SAFER web site is being updated and redone. (www.safer8.com)
    Please check it out and let us know if your car/team/sponsor information has changed. We are working as quickly as we can, but there is a huge amount of information to be updated and gone through..

You can reach us through...a reply PM or email here at the Jam
    or
    www.LongIslandMotorsports.com.

Thanks for the help.

Karen Specht
    Mike Fields

The SAFER site

The members list needs to be updated as well. Some people don't have the same sponsors anymore either.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Leah,
    That's why we requested information for each car with regards to updating the site with correct information. We are aware that car/team/sponsor information have changed for many.
    Maybe it would be better if everyone contacted Mike or myself with the current information. This way, there will be as much accuracy as possible.

Thanks to all that have already done the updates.

The site is beginning to look better already.
    Karen.

Looks good.

I saw Mike Fields had requested old S.A.F.E.R. programs from past banquets and Hall of Fame stories. I believe the first year of the S.A.F.E.R. program was 1998 or 1999. Since then there were a couple of years of no program.

From what I remember, the web site has all the stories of Hall of Famers. I may be wrong.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I have the SAFER program from April 20th 1975. It was the date of the SAFER 8, 35 lap race.

Rick

Mike Fields
    What we're looking for is the yearbooks done for the banquets that have stories on the yearly inductees into the Hall of Fame, so that we may also put those stories on the website.

Anyone having any ideas of what else they'd like to see should go to the site and click on the 'Contact' button.

I believe there were only 6 or 7 years of yearbooks. One year had 2 combined and a couple of years in between were missed.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Mike Fields
    Well, if that's the case, there's not much we can do about that. Still, if you look at the Hall of Fame page, you can see several gaps in the later years. If we can get the stories from those years, it would be a big help.

I went into the archives and found S.A.F.E.R Year Books for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2001.

There are Hall of Fame Stories forJohn Fortin,Bob Kopplin, Johnny Zell, Don Pearsal, Al Worth, Joe Biondolillo Sr., Barbara & Jim Cromarty,Don Howe, Allen Vanness and George Brown and myself.

I'll keep plugging on the others.
    Last edited by Tower Man; 10-07-2007 at 08:54 AM.

Mike Fields
    Joe, that's great. Can you retype them in an email to me?

Photos

How can we upload pics to the SAFER site?
    Should find a way so we can all share our photos with eachother.picnics,banquets,racetrack.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Mike Fields
    Anything for SAFER8.com can be sent to figure8racing@hotmail.com. Whether it be stories, press releases, or photos. We ask that all photos have a description to go along with them. ALL PHOTOS MUST HAVE THE PHOTOGRAPHERS NAME to utilize a proper photo credit.

Thank you.

Thread Information