Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the Missing Cars

Ricky you must have some photos of the first coupe that George drove, I think this one is a 39 ford, was it ever yellow? I did see a photo of it white. I am hoping that at one time it was George Brown yellow.
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

It was yellow. I have a picture, but no scanner. There is a Figure 8 web site that has a picture of it also, but I'll have to see if I can remember the site.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Artie believe it or not I don't. I wasn't sure. I just looked through all the photos I have and I have none of the 41 or 43 coupes. I'm sure I have videos of them racing but no photos.

Mike Fields
    Joe, we don't have all the Figure 8 tracks listed across the country, although we've tried to put up all that we've found. However, look at the links page on the SAFER8.com site to see if the site you're looking for is there.

If you know of other Figure 8 racing sites, drop us an email so we can list them.

I'd like to see the car return to it's white and flames form.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

I forgot about that. And there's even photos I sent there, lol. Here's the "original" coupe. And the site is Pop's Racing Site. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1752/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43coupe.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	837  

A few more from Pop's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigEd1GeoBrown41.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigEd2GeoBrown41pit.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigEd3fig8race.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fig28RogerMaynor.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	841  

By the way, I should have said that Pop's is a great site. Take the time to go there and roam through the photos. A little tricky to negotiate but it's worth it. Right at the bottom of the page is a link to Pops Photos. Also check out Friends. Lots and lots of photos organized by name, sent in racers and friends.

YEAH Pop's is a great site, as is Lasheefs.com tons of Long Island photos. The white car is the one that was sponsored by R.A.D.D..
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Mike Fields
    Steve Lombardo, who runs Lasheefs.com, lives in Northern California, and is also an old Bomber driver from Freeport Stadium.

I guess when our Freeport Bomber days are older, we don't go away; we just start websites!

I thought it was "Old Freeport Bomber drivers don't fade away, they just blowup!"

Sorry, Thompson World Series Weekend humor there!

Great Pics, Rick, glad you were able to find them.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

All we need know is a picture of Frankie Zuess's coupe
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

GET THESE CARS BACK OUT THERE!!! I used to love watching the fig 8's when they were packed fields!

ALSO since the WORLD championship is already taken or given up why not start a NATIONAL championship race and add a lot of raised purse money to get people country wide to race!
    Last edited by unowho243; 10-15-2007 at 12:54 AM.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Pop's site...that was it. My hit at the X is there as well.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Hey Joe, look at who hit you.

Thread Information