20-Year-Old Wins at One of His Two Home Tracks, After Racing at Both on Same Weekend

Throughout his young racing career, Lee USA Speedway (NH) has always been close to Andy Seuss’ heart. Lee is one of two short tracks located within a half hour of his Hampstead, New Hampshire home and he’s turned plenty of laps there through the years in everything from a Late Model to a Supermodified to a Modified.

And although he had come close on many occasions, it took until this past weekend for Seuss to finally break through to Lee’s victory lane. When he did it though, Seuss did it in style, winning the track’s biggest event of the season, Oktoberfest.

“I started going to Lee and [All] Star [ Speedway ] as a kid and that is where I fell in love with racing,” said Seuss. “I’ve won in a 350 [small block] Supermodified at Star, but I had never won at Lee before. We had come close, but you really had bad luck.”

Ironically, Seuss’ other home track, All Star Speedway, also played a role in his Oktoberfest victory. On Saturday afternoon, after the heat races were completed for the True Value Modified Racing Series at Lee, Seuss’ #70 Rockingham Boat/Stuart’s Automotive team loaded up their racecar to compete a few miles away in the All Star Nationals. They wrecked in that event, but learned some valuable lessons that were used on Sunday back at Lee.

“We didn’t know if we were going to do it,” said Seuss of his double-race weekend. “It all depended on the heat races [at Lee]. We weren’t overly happy with the car in our heat, so we figured that we could shake some of the bugs out of it at Star. We pulled into Star and we weren’t fast at all. We were just junk. We were running the feature and then smoke started coming out from under the hood and I looked down at my gauges. That is when there was a wreck in front of me and I had nowhere to go. So we wrecked the car and had to put it back together. It turned out that there was an electrical fire under the hood and had we not raced at Star, it would have taken us out at Lee.

“If the car hadn’t been so bad at Star, we probably would not have dissected everything like we did. On Sunday morning, we found a shock that was broken internally. That was huge. So at first, we were kicking ourselves for going to Star, but in reality, if we had not gone it would have probably meant a DNF on Sunday.”

The doubleheader weekend meant double the work, and then some, for Seuss and his crew.

“I really have to thank my crew for sticking it out. They worked all night, all morning and pretty much non-stop until the drop of the green flag on the car. They went non-stop.”

Victory lane was a crowded place after Sunday’s race. Not only did Seuss and his team celebrate their accomplishments, they also welcomed several families who were at the track from the Make-a-Wish foundation as guests of the True Value Modified Racing Series.

“That was awesome,” said Seuss. “My Mom is very involved with Make-a-Wish. They wanted me to go to victory lane after the race to be with the families, but I really didn’t want to have to walk over to victory lane without earning it. So I earned being there and got to spend some time with the Make-a-Wish kids and it was great.”

The victory at Lee is the second of Seuss’ 2007 season. In the spring, the 20-year-old won a NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified event at Nashville ’s Music City Motorplex. Since then, he has been in the position to win more races at places like All-Star, Canaan , Seekonk and Thompson, but everything from wrecks, to flat tires to brake problems have kept him from finishing out front. Sunday ended that bad luck streak though.

“It’s been a long year since Nashville . It just feels nice. It is a huge weight off our shoulders.”

Seuss will return to action in the John Blewett, III Memorial North South Shootout on November 3rd at Concord Motorsport Park (NC).

In 2007, Andy Seuss is splitting his time between the True Value Modified Racing Series and a limited schedule of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and Whelen Southern Modified Tour events. For more information on Andy Seuss, please contact Mike Twist at (207) 590-1786 or (207) 499-2565 and be sure to check out Andy’s website at www.andyseuss.net.

Mike Twist / Andy Seuss PR