Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News!!

Good News!!

Thanks to all the positive feedback and support the Legend cars will be back on the schedule in 2008. Look for a press release from the track and the upcoming schedule for the exact dates. Thanks again to everyone involved that helped this happen.
    Mike

Awesome love thoes lil cars! They will bring back some memories!
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

I think that is a great idea to bring them back!!! The only thing that was wrong with them last time was the time it took to remove cars from the track after wrecks. They had the roof clamp which is good, but no tow truck with a extendable boom. Some tracks use forklifts to move cars, but I really enjoy the Legends and hope for a great '08 season!!!!

RebelMtrspts29

Awsome

I hope this all falls into place. I am really interested in this division. If there is anyone who could help me locating a car for sale, or a roller....a chassis anything is a start it would be a great help.
    Thank You
    Brian Obiedzenski

concordcharlie

car

Brian, there several for sale in NC. If I can help you find one let me know.

Finding a car available locally won't be easy. www.Racingjunk.com has quite a few and I'm sure more will pop up once the schedule is officially announced. If you're not already aware of it, Yahoo Groups has a discussion board on Legend Cars with mostly good people and information. You also can check www.Legendsnation.com and www.600racing.com for some general information about the division.

fred card
    Great news for all us legend drivers. We all owe it to Mike and Jim at the track for making this happen jfc25 racing will be back in full force.

Great to see them back! As long as they dont take anymore races away from the other divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Great to see them back! As long as they dont take anymore races away from the other divisions.
    Good point, but don't be too surprised if they do. There is only so much time per night to run races off, and the legends could (eventually) require 2-3 heats, a consi and a feature. That time has to come from somewhere.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

In all reality late models and chargers dont even need heats most nights, and sometimes modifieds too. If they're that strapped for time why not cut those heats out first.

Cutting some heats on nights the legends run will also cut down cost for racers. Maybe run time trails for LMs or Chargers thoses nights.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

You guys are forgetting. The show begins at 6:30 with FEATURES.

Heats are not the issue, just sheer number of divisions. Besides, the way a few divisions are, they could use more nights off.

Brian,
    I saw there were a few for sale on the Wall Speedway website.

Just saw this on the Riverhead Raceway Website in Bobby's "Eye on Riverhead": On a much happier note, let us all welcome back the Legend Race Cars to Riverhead Raceway for 2008! In a late week phone conversation with Barbara and Jim Cromarty, they told me that the popular class would indeed return to the Riverhead slate in 2008 for some shows! How many and when, well, we’ll all find out when the 2008 schedule is released, which should be for next Saturday night’s awards dinner, so we won’t have to wait too long.

Just want to thank Bob for putting this word out in a more official manner.

I just received email from Bob Finan containing similar information. So, yes, straight from the track, it has been confirmed that the Legends will be on the schedule in 2008. When the official schedule is released at the banquet (if that indeed happens as it has in the past few years), I guess we'll all get more details. Perhaps you will see seven divisions running in the first few weeks of the season, including the Legend cars!
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Thread Information