Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News!!

Awesome. I think that instead of making a division take off, why not start the night a little earlier to fit all the divisions in? Pack the pits and stands with as many race cars and racers families every week as possible! Less Magic shows and more divisions.

I've talked to many drivers in different divisions and they all would love to race more than they can, so start the show earlier and add one more division a night!
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Dwight Clock
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelMtrspts29 View Post
    I hope this all falls into place. I am really interested in this division. If there is anyone who could help me locating a car for sale, or a roller....a chassis anything is a start it would be a great help.
    Thank You
    Brian Obiedzenski
    Brian, here's a chance to get one cheap. Good luck! http://www.raceny.com/discus/message...tml?1193147558

debbie33
    Hey $20.00 a ticket sounds great! I think its been done before. Oh yeah, I won that raffle.

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243 View Post
    Awesome. I think that instead of making a division take off, why not start the night a little earlier to fit all the divisions in? Pack the pits and stands with as many race cars and racers families every week as possible! Less Magic shows and more divisions.

I've talked to many drivers in different divisions and they all would love to race more than they can, so start the show earlier and add one more division a night!
    How about just moving the show along and start at the same time.

If you have kids there the night is already too long some nights.

Oh welcome back to the Legends.
    Also try racingjunk.com they have about 70 legends for sale.

This is great news. Another division added... well I would like to break some other big news... Riverhead is adding a few more divisions.... The popular VW Bug division will return to Riverhead next year, along with mighty Mini-Modifieds and the Bug Cars..... starting time will be moved forward to 2pm. Hope to see everyone at the track....

Seriously, great idea to bring the Legends cars back, but also, this should be the time to combine the Chargers and Late Models into one class (with rules somewhere in the middle.)
    btgoss

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243 View Post

We have had another thread awhile back and it was said that starting later got more people in the stands. Remember people talking about work, their kids and family stuff on Saturday's Jim?!?!?!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Elated

I think a better idea is to combine trucks and chargers. They are a better match than late models and chargers.

just wondering

Does anybody want to venture a guess on how many Legends are expected to be racing at Riverhead in '08?
    TS Motorsports
    #41 Blunderbust

I've gotta guess with the interst shown to this point, there will be a full field (24 cars?) most every time they run.

I hope that prediction comes true, and doesn't put a hex on things, LOL!

I also agree with J-rod, that is a better match. It just might inspire some to upgrade to Late Model to get out of a 'crowded' Charger division. (No offense meant to the truck guys and gals on this.)
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

J-Rod the two divisions that can't seem to get any cars are the Late Models and Chargers, why should the late models be able to stand on their own if only 8-10 drivers made all the starts?? So instead of them ending a division, reduce the weight on the Charger cars give em a bigger carburator and lets have some fun. The truck motor is no where near what it needs to be to compete with a Charger motor. Hell, you can't tell the difference between most chargers and Late Models. No disrespect to the Chargers or Late Models, you didn't get enough support for your divisions this past year and something needs to change, or both divisions may be in jeopardy. Hey, if the Legends show up with 30-40 cars everytime they race like they used to, it might make more sense to run them more often.
    There's nothing like an open wheel modified

Hey J.A. I think it may be time to start a Legends page here on the forum, after all they are a division again. This is fixing to be a great season at this rate.
    R.I.P. Joe This 3rd one is for you!!!!!

www.superprotruck.com

BSG Motorsports #01 Blunderbust

2004-2005 and 2008 SPT Champs.

R.I.P. 03,7,66,93

I'm sure that's on the boss' list of things to do, right JA???
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Good idea Matt,

Will do after this weekend... Or sooner if I get the time...

Should take about as much time to make a post
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

fred card

Cool

My guess will be 35 cars to start. Anyone with questions on buying a car maybe I can help you finding a car. jfc25racing@verizon.net

Thread Information