Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good News!!

Hey Fred,

It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

legends

Plenty of time for 7 div. Can't see it being a problem. Ask wayne meyer, he knows everything lol see ya fred

Hey Fred,

You're right about Wayne, where do you think I get most of my information? LOL

And I wouldn't recommend 7 divisions a night. Every promoter seminar out will preach the best shows are under 3 hours. So if there's a start time of 6, it SHOULD be over by 9.

Since a lot of us are raceaholics, we forget that the casual fan doesn't want to be there all night. Some of us, like myself, don't mind, but the casual fans are potential sponsors and bring money into the sport.

Sincerely,
    Fred a.k.a JA

PS: When am I getting an autographed photo of you in American Gangsters? I need some interesting stuff for my office. And no, please no shots from your beauty contest.

Dwight Clock
    It's not just the casual fan. It is the casual fan with child(ren). With racing events getting over so late at tracks around the country fewer fans with children are attending. Who wants to take their kids to something that will get them home after 10 p.m.? And the children are the fans of tomorrow. If you think back most of us were brought to our first race by our Dad or maybe an uncle. Not so these days. And with so many other choices to spend their leisure time on these kids are not becoming fans of racing. And the sport will pay a heavy price for that down the road. Promoters will become even more dependant on the back gate and the problem will just get worse. Early start, quick show, and over early - that's how to build up the fan base.

Hey Dwight, go back and read this.
    Let's try to add an event or two into the future schedule
    Was brought out that most fans with children have Saturday duties preventing them from attending races early. Kids soccer, baseball, etc. or even the parents working.
    This whole time thing made for a lengthy thread not too long ago....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Hey Fred, about time you got a computer and visited the Jam!! It's only 2007!! lol

Fred...on the Jam?!? No way, I'm in utter shock!!! It's about time!!! I know it's off-topic, but I want to congratulate you on stepping into this century!!! (Actually, looking back, I see you made some posts back in July, but you must have gotten too busy with your career in front of the camera and haven't posted in months.) I just hope your return to the message board doesn't mean that we'll be seeing MORE beauty contest pictures...
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
    It's not just the casual fan. It is the casual fan with child(ren). With racing events getting over so late at tracks around the country fewer fans with children are attending. Who wants to take their kids to something that will get them home after 10 p.m.? And the children are the fans of tomorrow. If you think back most of us were brought to our first race by our Dad or maybe an uncle. Not so these days. And with so many other choices to spend their leisure time on these kids are not becoming fans of racing. And the sport will pay a heavy price for that down the road. Promoters will become even more dependant on the back gate and the problem will just get worse. Early start, quick show, and over early - that's how to build up the fan base.

I grew up at Islip.

Schedule every week.

Gates open at 6:00 Warmups for 3 divisions 6:00-7:00 Heats 7:30. Features 8:30 curfew 11:00PM.

3 1/2 hours for races. 3-5 divisions a week with whatever was added to the show.

12,000 fans per week.

Granted they had 120 cars in 3 divisions a far cry from today. (and there were no yellows in the 4-5 figure 8 heats)

Dwight Clock
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I grew up at Islip.

Schedule every week.

Gates open at 6:00 Warmups for 3 divisions 6:00-7:00 Heats 7:30. Features 8:30 curfew 11:00PM.

3 1/2 hours for races. 3-5 divisions a week with whatever was added to the show.

12,000 fans per week.

Granted they had 120 cars in 3 divisions a far cry from today. (and there were no yellows in the 4-5 figure 8 heats)
    Jaws, your info is right on except for the 12,000 fans per week. Islip had just under 6000 seats. I know. I counted them. Larry Mendolsohn doubled his attendance for the press releases. Many promoters used to do that.

Captain History
    A press release came out after a local track's practice with the attendance figure really jacked up. Another media person who was at the practice wrote in his column and said the majority of the people in attendance were disguised as empty seats!

Thread Information