Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TECH Info for the MUTHA

17Racer

Exclamation TECH Info for the MUTHA

With the points being very close, and championships on the line. Tech will be very strict. Because we want to see a good race for the championship and no one DQ'ed. I am going to give some information on what will be checked in post race tech.

6/8 Cyl
    Engine vacuum will be checked. Your engine must pull at least 17 INCHES of vacuum at 1,000 rpm by the series equipment.

Rear ends will be checked. You may NOT have a locked rear end. One wheel must spin with the other on the ground and the car in neutral.

Springs will be checked. You may NOT have racing springs, spring rubbers or spacers of any kind.

Shocks will be checked. You may NOT have racing shocks of any kind. You must have a stock non-adjustable shock. Mounted in the stock location.

Cars will be checked for excessive camber, you may only have 1 INCH of shims MAX, in the upper control arms.

4cyl

Engines will be checked for aluminum pulleys and other non-stock components.

Car must have a stock air filter assembly. You MAY drill a few holes in the stock air box to obtain a little more air.

Springs will be checked. All springs must be completely stock. Absolutely NO spring rubbers or spacers or any kind.

Cars will be checked for excessive camber in the front and rear.

TRUX

Engines will be checked for non-stock components

Shocks will be checked. You may NOT have racing shocks of any kind. You must have a stock non-adjustable shock. Mounted in the stock location.

Springs will be checked. You may NOT have racing springs, spring rubbers or spacers of any kind.

TRUX will be checked for excessive camber. You may only have 1 INCH of shims MAX, in the upper control arm

Remember NEETS is about Racing and Fun. We are not out to get anyone. We just want to see a good legal race for the championship. So please keep them fast and keep them legal.

Good Luck to all drivers.
    Last edited by W. J.; 10-30-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: to remove posi-rear error

Unhappy Are you POSI-tive................

The written NEETS rules state; All cars must be "stock" year, make and model with no modifications. This includes all engine components, drive train, suspension and cooling systems.........................
    My metric monte carlo SS came with a posi rear from the factory and I have been running it the whole season, does this mean I'll have to take it out for the Mutha......................
    UNCLE PETEY......................
    P.S. A posi rear wheel can be turned with one wheel on the ground, trans. in neutral................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 10-29-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Whoa there, nellie

Posi rears are permitted by the rules. Locked rears are not. Please review and post a clarification. My Cutlass has a factory posi as do most G-Bodies as it was a very popular and cheap option for these cars.
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

hehe..Joshy!!!

I think you better look that over!! Even I was able to do some digging to find that Posi rears are allowed (the rules only state no locked rears) and that this was a stock option on many models.

I'm sure you don't want everyone mad at you! And hey...if I can find that ANYONE can...lol!!! I am not to *hip* on the mechanical terms YET! (Although I am slowly learning!)

I advise when you see this post to call Joe and go over this. Bob or Petey, if you have free time today before 2:30 (before Josh gets home) can you call Joe and let him know if there are any other discrepancies that should be addressed?? Actually, open call...if anyone disagrees with the aforementioned post because it 1. does not agree with the 2007 rules or 2. like the Posi rear it is a stock option on many car models please call Joe and he will go over all gripes with Josh...and to be certain research will be done on any claims (that's my favorite thing to do...I know, I know...I'm a dork!). 267-767-4923

Thanks!
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Yes, that is a typo...Posi's OK, Locked NO.

I'll have Josh edit that above so it reflects the correct statement!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

truck rear end

And trux right????? Truck rears are welded. and its no secret... Billy B said yes to that years ago... 39% rear weight was the reason.
    TS Motorsports
    #41 Blunderbust

17Racer

My mistake

Sorry about that. That was a typo on my part. posi's are ok.

And to answer your question Terry. Yes we do allow locked rears in the trux.
    I did not intend on checking the rears in the TRUX at the Mutha

Sorry for the confusion.

I really feel bad, even Erin found my mistake LOL

See you all at the Mutha

Quote Originally Posted by 17Racer View Post
    I really feel bad, even Erin found my mistake LOL
    LOL!!!! I love it!!!! I know you just put you chin in your chest when you saw this here!!! ...Inside joke!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Posi ????

There were NO true posi rears in Metric Cars from factory !!!!!!!! What they did have was "Limited slip" rears ..... And as Josh stated 1 wheel should turn with car jacked up in neutral and other tire on ground !!!!!!!!! if it doesn't---welcome to the DQ club
    Maddawg417-12

spring tech question

Josh / Joe-
    not that we've been in any danger of being tech'd this year... but we're not going to give up...
    Could you confirm that you will be checking coil count and wire diameter for the springs? And what are you comparing it to - side to side - or some factory spec?

and maybe this needs to wait for next year, but a maximum tire size or sizes in metric dimensions would help us rookies figure out what we can run.

-Tracy

17Racer
    The springs will be checked for coil count from side to side,and if they have been cut to lower the car, and if they are of a stock type.

Hope this answers your question
    see ya at the Mutha!

Thumbs up Hey Josh

HOW DOES IT FEEL NOW THAT THE SHOES ON THE OTHER FOOT.
    JUST REMEMBER IT JUST GETS BETTER.
    pappywrench@yahoo.com for
    2nd Childhood Racing

Wink Fire-up a "BOWL"...........

Yo Pap! Get that thunderchicken outta mothballs and come play with us at the MUTHA.......................
    With any luck, maybe you can become a member of the "Uncle Peteys DQ Club"..........................
    After all, the "dogtrack" is supposed to be your second favorite "bowl", hehe................
    UNCLE PETEY..................

DQ'ed...

Hey Petey you keep talkin like that you're going to get DQ'ed before you even cross the PA/NJ line. Watch out for those intercepters, I've heard they are trouble in NJ. Just don't be "Fish Bowling", or "Hot boxing" to or at the track!!!
    Just kiding...
    I've got my race next Saturday at Bridgeport, so I know I won't be up for this race, but I'll try firing one up for the Beaters...
    See ya soon...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Ok Petey

HEY PETEY, Rumor has it that a Petey chasing starcruiser has just been shipped in to PA from the ISLAND. The PAPSTER as the pilot. Just imagine all that watching and pent-up energy being unleashed.
    OOHHHHHYYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!!
    pappywrench@yahoo.com for
    2nd Childhood Racing

Thread Information