Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Schedule

2008 Schedule

If I read the the schedule right, we have 15 dates, with 2 being a Sat/Sun double header in June.

May 3
    May 10
    May 17
    May 25
    June 7
    June 14
    June 15
    June 28
    July 19
    July 26
    August 10
    August 30
    September 6
    September 13
    September 20
    Last edited by Lad3der; 11-05-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: corrected the error i posted with the schedule
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

There are no Super Pro Trucks on the schedule for August 2.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

15 dates is what I've got.

LEAD LAP
    What's with June 14th AND 15th. Is that a mistake ?

Good question, we'll check that out.

LEAD LAP, I did double-check the schedule that was given out last night (I re-typed it around 4 this morning, so I figured it WAS entirely possible that I made an error), but that is what is printed. They used to do it years ago...as it says on the schedule, though, it is "subject to change." If we receive notification of any changes, we will be sure to post it right here on the Jam to let you all know.
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

Awesome job to who ever made the schedule! 15 shows and a double header. All we need now is some heat races and/or time trials. lol

Yes, they might as well have heat races with all the trucks!!

LEAD LAP
    TWO races within a 24-hour period (IF that's what everyone's referring to as a "double-header") is a little ridiculous. In one weekend, your paying TWICE the pit entry fee, TWICE the gas to get out there, TWICE the tires and fuel, TWICE the setup and prep, TWICE you crew's time, etc., etc. On top of all that, who's going to be able to fix their Saturday Night damage (if any) by Sunday Morning ?????

Doesn't it make more sense just to run more laps either Saturday Night or Sunday day. Oh wait, we've asked for that already.

To me, it (obviously) looks like a simple error in the schedule. However, the schedule was made up, printed, handed out, posted, read, and commented on. I thought someone would have caught on by now.

Hopefully, "THE JAM" can clear things up.

LEAD LAP, I do see your point, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume that it is an error. I am still awaiting official word from the track, and will let you know as soon as I have it.

Several years ago, a double-header weekend was not unheard of for the Trucks. I remember some drivers and crews (who traveled an hour or more to get to the track) getting rooms out in Riverhead to save themselves the trip back home.
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

Hey Lead Lap, I also see your your point on some aspects, but cmon! You make it seem as if its a hassle to come and race. They make an enduro division for guy's that don't want to spend the time and money! Years ago, guy's were running Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I'm sure there are a few truck drivers that don't mind. We asked for more races and we got 'em! So why in the world would you complain about 'em !
    Last edited by wayne; 11-05-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Zemco117e
    I'm looking forward to that weekend... That weekend should separate the men from the boys... I'll take this year's schedule over last year's anyday..

Looks like it's gonna be a good year boys, get those things ready!
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

LEAD LAP
    Wayne,

I'm all for more races AND more laps. But when our races go green flag-to-flag, they last a WHOLE FIVE MINUTES.

So now we'll drive out. Race for five minutes. Go home. Come back the next morning. (Not even the next night-the next morning). Race for five minutes. Go home. Hey, while we're at it, let's all take off from work on Monday and race another 20 laps! Why not stop there. Let's all pay $130 a room to stay overnight, like another person suggested. I'd much rather pay for a hotel room any day than, say, an extra right front tire.

Separate the men fom the boys??? The only thing this separates is the teams that have a complete spare body, engine, wheels and tires back in their garage, along with a crew standing by to fix the Truck OVERNIGHT, from those that are BARELY able to stay in the game from one week to the next. I guess the "few" teams that don't mind back-to-back days will show up Sunday.

We ALL want more dates and LONGER races. Even the junk-yard cars get longer races than the Trucks. But I don't think this is the best way to achieve that. Like I said, why not just run 40 laps Saturday night OR Sunday Day. Same track time, ea$ier on everybody.

But, what do I know. What they should do is let the Truck Teams vote on this at the winter meeting. If the majority of the teams like the idea, then there you go.

WHOAAAA!!! What did I just say??? Let the teams have some I-N-P-U-T on the issue???

Jeez, I must be out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD LAP View Post
    Wayne,

I'm all for more races AND more laps. But when our races go green flag-to-flag, they last a WHOLE FIVE MINUTES.

So now we'll drive out. Race for five minutes. Go home. Come back the next morning. (Not even the next night-the next morning). Race for five minutes. Go home. Hey, while we're at it, let's all take off from work on Monday and race another 20 laps ! Why not stop there. Let's all pay $130 a room to stay overnight, like another person suggested. I'd much rather pay for a hotel room any day than, say, an extra right front tire.

Separate the men fom the boys??? The only thing this separates is the teams that have a complete spare body, engine, wheels and tires back in their garage, along with a crew standing by to fix the Truck OVERNIGHT, from those that are BARELY able to stay in the game from one week to the next. I guess the "few" teams that don't mind back-to-back days will show up Sunday.

We ALL want more dates and LONGER races. Even the junk-yard cars get longer races than the Trucks. But I don't think this is the best way to achieve that. Like I said, why not just run 40 laps Saturday night OR Sunday Day. Same track time, ea$ier on everybody.

But, what do I know. What they should do is let the Truck Teams vote on this at the Winter meeting. If the majority of the teams like the idea, then there you go.

WHOAAAA!!! What did I just say??? Let the teams have some I-N-P-U-T on the issue???

Jeez, I must be out of my mind.
    Lead Lap I agree with a lot of your post, except the vote on it part. This is a business, and I know of few businesses that let employees vote on company policy, as this is. The race track must think it is a good idea or they wouldn't have scheduled it this way. And it seems some truck race teams my also like it- it is hard to please everyone, especially when it comes to change. Maybe if Saturday night's race is a good one, and they announce that the trucks are back the next day, some Saturday night folks will then come out on Sunday and increase the Sunday crowd?

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

Thread Information