Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Schedule

2008 Schedule

According to the schedule released last night, Legends will run on the following dates in 2008:
    May 4 (Sunday)
    May 10
    May 17
    May 25 (Sunday)
    June 15 (Sunday)
    June 28
    August 10 (Sunday)
    August 31 (Sunday)
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Does anyone have a base set up to start with at Riverhead Raceway??? Springs, gear, ride height, air pressure, camber, toe, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sround
    Legends have 8 races?... Y?... 10-12 shows would be better!. I'm interested in getting a legend and if there are only gonna be 8 races, then why bother?

Don't let the 8 race schedule discourage you from getting involved. There are a lot of tracks all over the place that run these cars under the same rules. Waterford Speedbowl, Wall Township and Chemung Speedrome to name a few. You don't need to make any dramatic changes to the car to go elsewhere to run on the off weeks.The most that you really need to do is change rear end gears, and sometimes depending on where you plan to go, you don't even have to do that.
    I also want to thank The Jam for starting this forum page for the division.
    Tom Sherman #27

And I would venture to guess if the division has a successful showing in 2008, more races will be added for 2009. Right now, we're all only speculating on car counts, etc. I would say, if you have interest in the division, go for it...the more cars and the better shows the division puts on in 2008, the more likely it is that the schedule will be expanded in 2009. Just my opinion...
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Car counts speak louder than words.......

Let's also rememeber, spectator drags were not on the full schedule for 2007, but when they proved to be a crowd pleaser, suddenly they became a weekly attraction. The same could happen with the Legends, at the very least a few added nights.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

sround
    Very true!... I'm looking at a few right now and might take action very soon in buying one. Where is Chemung located?... Thanks

Chemung is located off Rte 17, 209 Wyncoop Creek Rd., Chemung, NY, 14825. Google it and you can can an exact location with a map.

chemung

I won a race there with my truck. I like that track, but the ride there and back was horrible. Like 5 hours one way.
    TS Motorsports
    #41 Blunderbust

Cmon' only 5 hours away? That's nothing for the true road warrior

PS: And if the ride was over the Tappen Zee Bridge or GW, yes I can sympathize though.

fred card

Angry races

The races would be okay if Saturday night. Sunday's stink, sponsors want Saturday night where good crowds see them, not Sunday's with circus acts. 3 Saturday's and 5 Sunday's that stinks. With 10 Late Models and 30 legends, you do the math.

Well, isn't that better than none? Complaining when just added won't get you in good standing. Just think as quick as being added, you can be dropped, so careful what you ask for. At least you have some shows.

Quote Originally Posted by tstiles View Post
    I won a race there with my truck. I like that track, but the ride there and back was horrible. Like 5 hours one way.
    Wow, 5 hours? What happened Terry, motor trouble, LOL! Guy like you should be able to do it in 3!

Wall has quite a few Legends races a year only 2 hours from most places on LI.

Thread Information