Thread: 8 BB a scam?

chargerthunder

8 BB a scam?

Doesn't it seem weird how somebody won the 8 blunderbust and they are selling it already? Sounds to me like a phantom person won the car and the people that own it are trying to make double profit to me. If they didnt want the car so bad why is the car on ebay with a RESERVE?? If I won a 50 dollar blunderbust I would be happy to make any profit.

Doesn't your last sentence answer your first?
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

14SMOKE
    I saw some the pics on ebay, nothing to really yell about, i can see spending like 2000.00 for it and then getting it all done but who knows, theres a seat for every butt!

Quote Originally Posted by chargerthunder View Post
    Doesn't it seem weird how somebody won the 8 blunderbust and they are selling it already? Sounds to me like a phantom person won the car and the people that own it are trying to make double profit to me. If they didnt want the car so bad why is the car on ebay with a RESERVE?? If I won a 50 dollar blunderbust I would be happy to make any profit.
    Why are you so bothered that the person who won is turning it around to sell it? Do you own an interest in it? Did you purchase a ticket to try to win it? If not, then why even make such a big deal out of it?
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Well, I guess chargerthunder's concern is basically holding a raffle, having a "friend" win it, and then keeping the raffle monies and selling it on ebay.

However, I do not see it on eBay...

W.J., you beat me to it. So many people concerned about what others are doing.

Instead of posting on the Jam, maybe they should just call Charlie.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I know Charlie, he's not that kind of guy, and believe me, he doesn't need the money.
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

I agree with you on that Matt...

Here's an innocent scenario
    Perhaps the raffle winner thought she could realistically race next season, or maybe win for a friend. Things didn't pan out the way she thought, so she thought of ebaying it.

However, this is just speculation...

Or how about the person who bought the ticket just wanted to help with a donation to MS (as a portion of the proceeds were going to help this charity) and never thought they were ever going to win and never had a thought about racing? Why do we have to find a negative in everything first?
    Last edited by Golf Guy; 11-05-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

14SMOKE
    Just so everyone knows, I spoke to the gentleman selling the car on Saturday. He was very nice, he told me that a older woman bought a raffle from them, just being nice and bought one, she has no kids or family that would race the car and she actually won the raffle. He bought it back from her and gave her the money and he was going to sell it because he did not want to see the car sit around (pretty nice if you ask me). Hope I'm not out of line explaining what I was told and hope that clears up any confusion.

Thanks, Eric

Well, Charlie sponsored me for over 6 years, never had a problem. When I needed something, he went out of his way to make sure I was there every week. So just stop all the bs before you need hip boots.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Well, Charlie sponsored me for over 6 years, never had a problem. When I needed something, he went out of his way to make sure I was there every week. So just stop all the bs before you need hip boots.
    Also when I broke an axle Charlie and the #8 crew were the first ones there to lend a hand .
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

blunderbust8
    No Eric, you are right... the lady was at a yard sale that we had held, she bought a ticket because 10% went to benefit children with Down's Syndrome, and she didn't have any family that was interested in driving, so as she was talking to my dad. He offered to buy the car from her and sell it himself, because it is easier for us to sell it than her, due to the fact that she doesn't know much about the car, whereas we know everything that has been done to the car. It was not a scam, and the car is now for sale locally, and on e-bay. Please don't jump to any conclusions or assume anything, both can be dumb things to do in many cases.

Thank you for your perspective Jessica,

On that note we have covered both sides, and this thread has come to a conclusion.

Thread Information