Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008!!!

BlingxBling
    To clear up any confusion about MVS, here is a message from Gena.

"As of right now the track is not officially sold! Please don't listen to what anyone else has to say - Joe Cutri is very confused and had no right to post that on his forum.

As soon as Doug and I get a final answer as to what the future holds for the speedway we will post it immediately."

Thank You,
    Gena

to clear this up...

Bling, both Erin and I were told to start looking for a place to race for 2008. Without many contacts, I need to turn to people who do know people in higher positions. Who better than NEETS' very own racers?

It was posted up because I won't lead my racers along blindly while they think that we are racing at MVS again. If the track is open, good! More power to Gena and Doug and good luck on another season. If it is not, NEETS isn't going to just shrivel up and die because we sat around comfy and waited for the bad news.

We are looking for a new home for NEETS for 2008...for whatever reason you want to call it, we won't be returning to MVS. I am not confused. I do have a right to announce to MY racers what their future holds. If word spreads, then maybe this could have been handled differently by someone who has just as much to lose... Am I right? I have my series, my racers and our future to worry about...not someone else's... If Gena didn't want me to say anything here, then she should have told me... I told her that morning I was going to have to tell my driver's something...I never told them the track was sold, they won't be opening...etc...I DID tell them that we will be parting ways peacefully.

I've been flooded with calls since Sunday regarding what happened, what we are doing, where we can go... I am not going to lie to my racers and give them a false hope. If I have bad news, then I have bad news...I'm not going to sugar coat it or drag my feet about it and make people believe in me if I know I can't do what I am telling them... That's just me...sorry!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Elated My2cents

They're building a new track in Milville NJ. I'd love to run Wall. Even the infield track. Driving schools like (PDA) rent the road course track at Pocono raceway for the day. Sometimes they hold a race along with the driving school. Maybe you could rent an hour from them and have a race for one hour with all the cars and trucks running at once? Maybe we could find a big old parking lot race in? Let's rent some town somewhere and race through the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by GREASELAND View Post
    Maybe you could rent an hour from them and have a race for one hour with all the cars and trucks running at once? Maybe we could find a big old parking lot race in? Let's rent some town somewhere and race through the streets.
    Maybe pigs and donkeys will soon learn to fly!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Cool

Grandview would be awesome!

Sac-Man

Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    Mahoning is not closing.
    I think I had it explained to me that the property has been sold. That there is a lease for the track which could get terminated resulting in no more racing under the current track management. Not to say that there would never be racing there again but the likelyhood is there.
    Is that accruate?
    I'm just trying to understand. What is going on there?

I don't have a clue about grandview closing. I try not to get involved in the rumor mill.

Sac-Man

Wink [B] Anywhere with NEETS [/B]

I will race anywhere with NEETS.
    NJ tracks add more cost to building the cars because of NJ state laws. Fuel cells, age of safety belts, 4 point roll cage, on an on.
    I prefer asphalt to dirt and PA to NJ but still stand by the first sentence. I have been racing the 4 cylinders but I'm also building a 6/8 cylinder. It's just time and money. I wish I could race in all the classes every race.
    I will also do all I can to promote the series and help with the electronic scoring or wherever else my skills may benefit.

You don't need a fuel cell to race New Egypt.

Track renting

If we are going to rent a track, why not Dover, high bank enduro racing....oh yeah...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Just wondering if anyone ever bought White Lake Speedway (the one Billy tried to get). Maybe if that's open next year, and we become a touring series again, we could go there.
    [B][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Verdana]Ryan Nelson
    Driver of NEETS 4cyl #131
    Firefighter/EMT/Rescue tech.
    Security Officer
    www.nelsonracing131.webs.com

enduroracer24

Question Jersey Rules

What exactly are the rules for Enduros in New Jersey? At the last event at New Egypt, many cars did not have a fuel cell and as far as roll bars go, they allowed cars with a rear hoop with a door bar on each side (maybe that's a 4 point?, it certainly isn't a full cage).

You can email slim1972@msn.com for the rules.

Shon

As for tracks...

Grandview and Wall seem to be the most popular... But don't rule out Chemung or Bridgeport though... I am still waiting to hear back from the promoters of Grandview and Wall...hopefully good news!

MVS...

Sac-man, you are showing interest the same way their regular drivers are at this moment...we all are wondering about the future of MVS. Regardless of reasons why we are not racing there again, nobody ever wants to see a track close up...especially for a Condo development or a Wal-mart...that just sucks! All I can tell you is to stay tuned to their forums and wait and see what is announced.

NJ Rules...

Yes, the NJ rules are more strict than PA rules...BUT!!! But, in most speedway rule books, there is a clause that states: "Promoter reserves the right to change the rules to the way they see fit..." (In a brief summary.)

This means, IF the promoter of the speedway can justify, within safety limits, that a fuel cell is not mandatory, it will not be required...or 4 point roll cage...or full fire suits...etc... NESmay not mandate full roll cages and fuel cells because they can justify that the cars do not have the potential to reach the speeds a full blown race car will reach... Kind of like that...

This can be used to our advantage if NEETS ventures into NJ...but only a little...Wall may have much faster speed potentials than NES, therefore, full cages and fuel cells may be mandatory regardless...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

rcp_ny

New track near Owego, NY opening Summer of 2008

If you're considering Chemung, you might also consider the new track being built by Skyview Drags owner/operator George Swansborough. Supposedly to be called Shangri-La II. To be a half-mile track. Already had a groundbreaking with town officials, so it's not just talk.

According to a press release for the groundbreaking in late Sept, for info contact Track Manager, Amy Culver, at 607-687-9392.

Other contacts can be found at http://www.skyviewdrags.com/pages/cntact.html

Thread Information