Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the Missing Cars

Where are the Missing Cars

While scrolling through the S.A.F.E.R Year Books since 1997, I realized there are so many missing cars. Where are they?

Mark Lento's #7
    Bobby Wallace's #19
    Knuckles Nunziatta's #2
    Rob Nunziata's #64
    Ralph Tasso's #3
    The Late John Zell's #10
    Tom Ferrara's #42
    Al Wagner's #55
    Lou Wagner's #36
    Keith Tirripicchio's #41
    Larry Caruso's #40
    Ken Darch's #3
    Chuck Hlatky's #60

Just to name a few...
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Joe Larsen's #37???
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

00 RBDJ
    Ken Darch's #3 is now Tom Ferrara's #0x ...

Then where is the old 00 of Tom Graff?
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Lento's car was wrecked in X w/ Sean Hansen in 97,Ferrara's 42 is the 00 of Guy Lumis sitting at his house and the other is at Dalke's house #57,Tasso's 3 is the 85 of Hyde,Zells 10 is the 58 Hyde, Wallace's 19 is Farrell's 16, Nunziata's 2 is the 78 of Mike Brigandi. in garage, not for sale, Wagner's 55 is at gershow on trailer.
    64, 40, 41, 60 I don't know, and the old 00 of Graff is the 0x now and was the 3 of Ken Darch
    Yeah Joe, where is the 37?
    Last edited by Tommyj16; 10-05-2007 at 09:58 PM.

I sold the 37 to Saraceno who let someone use it. Then over night it disappeared.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Lou Wagners 36 went to Bill Nunziata minus motor and is now the 18 sitting on Rob's lawn. I think it's still on the lawn, lol. Chuck Hlatky's 60, the station wagon last I believe went back to him, I think bare chassis, but never got rebuilt past that point. Rob still has the 64 pretty much complete & sitting. Also the 4 is sitting. Ed Dunlop still has his car that Eddie Mistretta ran. The 45 that I ran is sitting with the 6 cylinder out of it.

Thanks guys.

Hey Rick, is the 45 the 47 Denniston and I had rebuilt for Slim Jim when he came to Figure 8's?

Wonder what Rob is going to do with the 64? I drove that car once.

Joe you know you want to race again so buy the 64 and come racing w/ us again. there is room in that trailer for another car lol.

Joe yes it is. Freds old #1. the rear rails are pushed over from my crash. Needs front and rear bumpers and one gooseneck, V8 mounts set up and a mess of sheet metal work. Plus the usual stuff that needs updating, belts, padding, and probably cell, I don't remember what the rule is on that. The 64 I believe is sitting complete. Again updating safety stuff is needed. I was told from sitting so long the rear deck tin on the old Lou Wagner was rusted through. I'm sure underneath the car is fine. That car was brand new, ran, I believe, less than a full season and was a nice chassis.

the 43 is ready to go ,coupe body v8. Keith Repp has it
    if we got all the cars out we would have a full feild.

did Billy Stein have a motor in his car at the car show today ? and was it a v8 or a 6.
    Health problems stopped me from bringing the 49 and 82 out today.
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

The 00 of Guy Loomis and the 12 of Rob Dalke.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

00 Guy Loomis sitting in his driveway w/ blown engine, and 21 Dalke is coming back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RickFigure8 View Post
    Lou Wagners 36 went to Bill Nunziata minus motor and is now the 18 sitting on Rob's lawn. I think it's still on the lawn, lol. Chuck Hlatky's 60, the station wagon last I believe went back to him, I think bare chassis, but never got rebuilt past that point. Rob still has the 64 pretty much complete & sitting. Also the 4 is sitting. Ed Dunlop still has his car that Eddie Mistretta ran. The 45 that I ran is sitting with the 6 cylinder out of it.
    What would it take to get all these cars out?

Sponsors, selling them? bigger purse?

Just curious, the class needs a few more cars before they are down to single digits and dropped all together.

Well, money, lol. the 64 has a decent motor, but probably not enough as it sits to run with the best out there. Freshening is probably a few thousand. Most other cars sitting need complete engines. Now it's five grand and up. The odds of building a 4 grand motor that will run that strong and stay together are pretty slim. It's easy for people to wonder why these cars are not out there. The cars that have been sitting a few years usually need a mess of updating, especially if sitting outdoors. Belts, cells, brake lines, windshields, Possibly calipers, pads, rotors, it all adds up fast. On top of that tires, tubes, fuel and whatever else makes it a pretty good expense to get the car back out there. It's the same with the other divisions and I'm sure there's plenty of them sitting out there too. Anyone who knows me knows that I have always said we have the best division to be in financially, that you can at least break even and most likely make some money running a figure8 car, after you write off building it. As long as you don't blow up or trash the thing really bad you can do okay, and you really never know when either of the two will happen. Guy Loomis was out every week until his motor blew. You have to give a lot of credit to Billy Steen this past year. Now just from general talk I have a feeling we will have more cars next year. I'm sure there's other cars sitting that we haven't remembered yet.

Rick

Thread Information