Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safer Meeting

pappy
    SAFER always did its part to make it right. I did not mean no offense to Roger. I was making a point, if you run good it helps to get the sponsors. Roger is a heck of a driver that has helped my son and I from time to time. I apologize if I offended anyone. I put a lot of years in the division and I do not want to see it go away. I am glad to see other divisions meeting, maybe this time everyone will stick together.

I still have to stress Roger has very little in sponsors. From what I have heard about other teams, Roger's sponsors totaled is much less than what some of the even newer teams have gotten from one sponsor.
    You would think he could land the big one. And yes, a team like the 63 that races year after year out of their pocket, would be very happy with the FEW grand that we race with.
    The point is you can race economically in this division. Buy a car for 5 to 10 thousand. Put tires on every two or three weeks. Stay out of trouble to limit the wheels and front end parts you will have to replace. Also, play it smart and shop at the swap meets for replacement parts.
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

Pappy, no need to apologize for your opinion.

And yes, dollar for dollar, the Figure 8's are the place to be. That's why we have a car and finishing 12th will cover the expenses. Throw in point fund money, NASCAR, the Track and S.A.F.E.R., and you have a financially successfull race team. You just need to keep the wheels on it.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

00 RBDJ

Its a great division to be in !!!

Trying to get sponsors is not an easy thing to do. It is all about how many people you know and how much time you are willing to spend on getting the sponsors. It is a lot of work and very time consuming, but in the end well worth it.

It is a great division to be in and most of the teams get along and are very helpful when you need something. If you need advice, spare parts, or any type of help, the ones we have asked have all been great. Our crew has helped other crews.

I think that having the SAFER meetings every month is helpful, everyone has the chance to talk about the problems that occur at the track (whether they do or not it is up to them). I think that every division has its problems. I believe that we have the least amount of issues, and for the "most part" everyone gets along.

JMO

Thread Information