Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire rule for Chargers

Tire rule for Chargers

I think we should start a tire rule of maximum 2 tires a week for the Chargers. Just a thought to keep money down and maybe bringing back the car count. What do you think?

sround
    That sounds good to me Bub! Did you get that idea from J-Rod? LOL

That sounds great! However, the powers to be will never go for that. Too many hands in the kitty so to speak.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I think the entire division would go for that. And as what I think is the most exciting division there, I think they should be able to persuade a tire rule decision.

Sounds good to me, but how do you police that to make sure everybody's on the same page?

Policing could be done by putting a date stamp (with spray paint/stencil) on each tire. Better not have 3 (or more) with the same date, right???
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

W.j.,

FYI-Hoosier now has a bar code imbedded in all tires. They have a hand held scanner that is designed to keep track of each tire sold(purchase date, who purchased, etc.)...same principle.
    We are looking into it here at Mountain.
    It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

Gee, it sounds like something that came out of the LM meeting that you attended last night BUB.

tires

I think all the same ideas that are being passed on to the officals for the Late Models should be the same for the Chargers. I hope the officals can hopefully put some of these into play.

fastfrank88

charger division meeting

I think the divisions that are organizing divisional meetings are on the right track. Count me in if anyone is planning one for the Charger division. I'm in for the tire rule idea.

Mortgage Guy
    I said this to a friend today, the easy way to police the tires is simple. Keep a board outside the tire area and on it list the teams that are allowed to buy tires for that day. If you are not on the board you can't buy tires. Seems simple enough.

Tires

I think two tires a week would be the way to go. But the tires would have to be marked some way. Look into what Mike Odwanzy said with the scanner. That is the only way to make sure two car teams aren't getting tires for both cars and putting all four on one car, then doing the same for the other car the following week. I think that will bring some cars back, along with some good offciating, which I think will be seen this season. I hope to get back to the Island soon so we can add two more Chargers back in the division.
    Scott Lehmann

Does this mean your moving back Scott?
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Yes, as soon as I sell my house in Pa. I will be back in the 16 and my son CJ will be in the other car, and it will be my old number, 7.
    Last edited by CSLMOTORSPORTS; 12-07-2007 at 05:32 PM.

what kind of car does your son have a charger car?
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thread Information