Kirk Alexander of Swanzey, N.H. was honored Saturday night as the 2007 True Value Modified Racing Series Champion during the annual Awards Banquet at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Chicopee, Mass. It was the third series championship for Alexander who is also the all times series winner.
"I am very lucky to have a great team behind me", said Alexander. "This championship is for my brother Tim, more than it is for myself."
Alexander also earned the Hoosier Tire East Award and was presented the Black Mountain Painting Award during the evening.
One of the highlights of the evening was the coveted Bob Polverari Award presented to a competitor who represents modified racing in a professional manner. Ed Dachenhausen of Danbury, Conn. was named the winner of this prestigious award.
The True Value Modified Racing Series Officials vote every year on a group of awards. The Most Improved Driver Award was presented to Mike Holdridge of Madison, Conn. who finished 10th in the series standings. The Sportsmanship Award was presented to Chris Pasteryak of Lisbon, Conn. Pasteryak finished 9th in the final run down. The 2007 Rookie of the Year Award went to Peter Jarvis of Ascutney, Vt. who finished 8th in the series point chase. The final award voted on by the series officials is the Hard Luck Award and that was presented to Jim Dolan of Bethel, Conn.
Les Hinckley of Windsor Locks, Conn., the series runner-up, was given the Sunoco Hard Charger Award.
The Top-15 drivers in the series were recognized during the evening and every driver received a point fund check and a trophy.

For More Information Contact The True Value Modified Series Office: 800-924-2594.
Mark Mockovak/TVMRS PR