Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frostbite II

Exclamation Frostbite II

Frostbite II will be run using 2007 rules. I will be taking input at that race for rule updates or changes. Give me your ideas, tires, safety, or anything to make it better. 2008 rules will take effect the following race. I want to try to keep the rules as simple as possible, but if individuals want to read between the lines, I'll have to fill those lines in.
    Just keep in mind that these are supposed to be bonestock and no made for racing items. PAPPY
    pappywrench@yahoo.com for
    2nd Childhood Racing

I think the rules are just fine the way they are. Some guys will always find that little extra to go faster than the others. That simply comes with experience and knowing the track, and your car, inside and out. We need to find a way to fill the track up with cars like the good old days, so a fast car means nothing if you don't know how to drive it in traffic. JMO
    Cory 1x

2008 Enduro Rules Suggestions

1. Bag the 1/2" camber rule or increase the limit. I still cannot figure why this is even there. The only effect I can see is that it chews up tires. It doesn't do anything to improve safety or even up the competition.

2. K&N filters are CHEAPER than paper over the course of a season. Cut the drivers a break and allow this item.
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

If it isn't broke...

What is wrong with the rules we have now?

riceys1
    I agree. I'm changing air filters every race at $12.00 a pop

I have not looked at the rule book lately, but why not get the type that you can just clean out? Or does it have to be paper type? If that's the case, that is a rule that needs to be relooked at. Those type filters are only adding up to 8% hp., which at most will only be like 15 hp, which is not going to mean much since most cars have lost more hp than that over the few years most cars have been racing, and if it is a new car, its probably a new driver, or the car is going to need some tweaking to get it as good as the top runners. So to sum it up, a K&N filter should be able to be used because it is not going to give any driver an advantage. This is coming from a guy that no longer races Enduros...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Air Filters

K&N filters are expensive, and you have to buy the cleaning kit. Why not use a filter with a cleanable media? Instead of changing the filter after every race, why not get one that can be cleaned without buying a kit?

Air Filters

It wasn't my intent to endorse a particular brand, I'm sure there are competing products that offer the same cost benefits. I have yet to get more than 2 races from a paper filter.

BTW, I clean my filter with mineral spirits and re-oil with Marvel Mystery Oil or two-stroke oil. Call me cheap.
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

J & J Racing 41
    The only thing that I think needs to be looked at is the tire rule. There are not a lot of tire options with 225/60 tires for the big cars. But you said we could run 235/70 if the tread is 7". There are 225/60 listed at 7.8 " tread width. Why not just make the rule 235 tires? It would take the guess work out of trying to figure out if a tire is legal or not. It would be easy to tech also, if the tire has 235 or less on the sidewall it would be good.

Enduro racing is meant to be dirt cheap and be lots of fun. It is for me. No one is going to make a lot of money doing this stuff. Yes, I try my best every time out there, but I'm not going to put a lot of money into my cars. PAPPY will adjust the rules accordingly. Give him your input, but no one can please every driver. Remember guys, FUN, FUN and more fun, don't give yourselves worry lines this early in the season.
    See you all at the FROSTBITE.

Cory
    1X

Quote Originally Posted by J & J Racing 41 View Post
    The only thing that I think needs to be looked at is the tire rule. There are not a lot of tire options with 225/60 tires for the big cars. But you said we could run 235/70 if the tread is 7". There are 225/60 listed at 7.8 " tread width. Why not just make the rule 235 tires? It would take the guess work out of trying to figure out if a tire is legal or not. It would be easy to tech also, if the tire has 235 or less on the sidewall it would be good.
    Yeah, good point Joe, I'm still looking for 225/60 and the race is only a few weeks away and yet where I go for tires they have a ton of 235/60 and no 225/60 and maybe with that lil bigger tire, the "full size cars" will be 6 inchs higher then.
    Aaron"The Thriller"Miller
    redneck rocket racing #78 chevy caprice

All good points that we(officials) will be discussing.

Happy Holidays!
    It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

weather

As per accuweather.com..... January 5th partly sunny high of 43
    Things will probably change, but I'll take it.

race order

What is the order of events?
    If it is really cold can we have camp fires?
    Can't wait!!!!

Tailgating in the parking lot will be permitted (and encouraged)...however, NO open fires allowed. (BBQs OK)
    also, no fires in pits.

The order will most likely be: 4 cyl, Trophy Trucks, 6/8 cyl

As of now, there is very little snow left and the track is dry.

Looking forward to kicking off the 2008 season...BIG TIME ENDURO STYLE!!!
    It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

Thread Information