Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 Hours of LeMons is coming to the Northeast

Hey Joe, one expense you forgot...with the way gas prices are these days, how much would it cost you in FUEL to run the car for 24 hours? My pocket hurts just THINKING about it!

A conservative estimate...10 gallons an hour at roughly $3.25 a gallon equals $32.50 an hour. Multiply that by 24 hours, and you're at almost $800 just in fuel.

And let's not forget about tires...I highly doubt that you'll get away with running a single set of tires for 24 hours on that track.

For the novelty of it, though, it sounds pretty neat.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

WJ...I was just pointing out spelling errors! Everything else was A-OK! LOL!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I know, Joe, just pulling your leg, as always. Happy New Year, my friend.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Cool

I didn't see a thing about food. I have to eat at least 12 times in 24hrs or I can't breath.

Well, Richie, sounds like it's time to install a snack tray. Just don't mount it on the back of the seat, LOL!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Sac-Man

Cool I'm interested

I read the Road and Track article and was tempted to try to organize a trip to Flint Rock MI. It is expensive but also I recall they seem to truly make an event out of it. Please read some of the write-ups here before you pass too much judgement.
    http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/articles/
    I am excited that I can now look to CT or OH to participate in one of the events. Hopefully by the end of January I will be able to know if I can financially participate.
    I am definitely interested so let me know if anyone else wants in.

Question Everythings coming up LeMons................

With all due respect, Sac-Man, its a P.R. party on wheels....................
    Did you notice all the different publications that wrote a story on that "so-called race".........................
    The organizer/promoter of the event is dually connected to a racing publishing house and a comedy club....................
    But if you gotta go, Ct. is a closer track(only 3 hours).................
    Sorry Richie! It doesn't look like with all the entry fees being sucked up by pseudo-racing comedy writers, they'll be any money left for a buffet, hehe........................
    I will admit, it might be the first time I wouldn't mind being a spectator at a outdoor semi-racing comedy show.................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 12-30-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Sac-Man

Cool no disrespect taken

And don’t get me wrong; I’m seeing through the BS. I’m looking at it more as a ‘To do’; just so I can say, “I did it!” And I wouldn’t go if I thought it was impossible for me to win, but I also think it would be a really cool and fun race. Kind of like the pit parties and racing of NEETS past and future. Our cars are ready for this out of the box, so it’s just dealing with the bloated entry and driver fees. I don’t think any of us go racing purely to be beaten with a burlap bag of nickels. Not to mention that our presentation of a NEETS adorned car could shed some of that PR light on our much more affordable enduro series.

Thread Information