Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Enduro's

Mike Fields
    I had to do a couple of Blog entries today. The last one was after I spoke to Jim Morton. To say that things are not encouraging would be a tremendous understatement. But I believe that I received all the info that was available.

Other than what we've read on your blog, and the few entries on the southjerseyracing.com board, there seems to be much confusion at this point about the future of the track.
    Too bad someone connected with them doesn't step up and clarify the situation for everyone, and turn off the rumor mill. The silence is deafening!!!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Braddock Bandit
    Isn't Jim Morton being let go,the phone being turned off and nothing on their web page about a 2008 season enough?

shore taxi
    They are having a meeting about Wall tonight and should know soon about what is going on, if they will open for 2008. 5 mins from the track will let you know what is going on.

Tooner
    I was just told tonight that the Wall Sunday Series Banquet will go on as planned this Saturday. There will be info regarding the 2008 Season Wall Township Speedway Whelen All-American Series banquet on February 2nd hopefully Friday, with more info to follow after that.

Wall Sunday Series website

Mike Clayton
    webmaster Wall Township Speedway
    www.wallspeedway.com

Wink Becoming Wall-Eyed

Thanks for the update Mike, much appreciated!
    You too, Shore Taxi!
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

So new info...

This was a link from WallSpeedway.com

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...D=200880109054

It more or less says that Wall WILL BE OPENING in Spring!!!
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

blownb310
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock Bandit View Post
    Did anyone run any New Jersey enduro's in '07? If so, maybe you can enlighten us on some of the mandatory "required by state" changes we will have to make to our cars. Plus, I just thought it would be nice to see some talk about enduro racing on this site.
    OK, back on topic anyway. Yes, I attended the Halloween Havoc enduro at New Egypt Speedway last October and enjoyed it very much. The only disappointment was that the cars had to have at least a 104" wheelbase. That means only big family cars can run. It excludes all of the compacts that we enjoy racing here in upstate, NY. I feel sorry for you guys in NJ. The rules really make it difficult to have fun for a reasonable expenditure. I was hoping to run some enduros in south Jersey while visiting my Father.

Mike

Braddock Bandit
    Thanks for your response to my original question "which seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle" Good luck racing in up state NY!

One of the issues is just that...104" wheel base.

IF Wall announces that the track will be opening, I will be attending a state commision meeting and will be looking into an adjustment to this rule... Also, I am not going to be there alone! I would rather wait to hear more from the speedway before I post up anything else....

Be Patient!!

...Gee...maybe I should change my avatar to that for now?
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

blownb310
    Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post
    One of the issues is just that...104" wheel base.

IF Wall announces that the track will be opening, I will be attending a state commision meeting and will be looking into an adjustment to this rule...
    This is good news. I hope they will listen to you guys, and can see the light. I'd love to see the compacts racing. I'd be able to compete as well!

New Egypt

A grand am ran at New Egypt last year. According to what I could find, the wheelbase is less than 104.

blownb310
    Man I really hope they get rid of that silly "big car only" rule for enduros. With car counts suffering everywhere you look in racing these days. It doesn't make any sense.

Mike

Braddock Bandit

Big cars only?

Feelings are mutual blown310, Why would you even consider a track that only allows half your racing event on the track! Seems to be a lot to work out yet. Hope it all goes well for NEETS sake!

Thread Information