Thread: Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover.

capitalcity300

Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover.

# 1.photo - Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover.

# 2.photo - small photo of (3) Midget race cars (#77, #?, and #?).

# 3.photo - larger photo of (3) Midget race cars (#77, #?, and #?).

# 4.photo - photo of list drivers bios in program.

#1. Does anyone know about the WPIX - Channel 11 television Live Auto Racing coverage at " 9:00 P.M. Every Friday Night " ??

#2. Does anyone know the year of this Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover 001s.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover 002.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover 003.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover 004.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	905  
    Last edited by capitalcity300; 02-24-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Dwight Clock
    My best guess, and it is just a guess, is that the program cover is from 1949. I say that because Mike Nazaruk was an AAA regular beginning in 1950 and would have been an unlikely participant in the Friday night shows at Freeport. Nazaruk finished 4th in 1950 AAA Eastern sprint car standings. He won races that year at Williams Grove, Harrington, Bedford, and Rutland. There would have been severe sanctions from the AAA had he ran the Freeport races. Also, TV was in it's infancy and programming of that sort didn't appear until about 1949. I might be wrong but the combination of these two facts narrows it down considerably, IMO.
    Last edited by Dwight Clock; 01-26-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Additional opinion

randomrodder
    No on both points but a very interesting post. Thank you.

capitalcity300

Got the answers to Questions #1. & #2. ??

Quote Originally Posted by randomrodder View Post
    No on both points but a very interesting post. Thank you.
    Got the answers to Questions #1. & #2. ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
    My best guess, and it is just a guess, is that the program cover is from 1949. I say that because Mike Nazaruk was an AAA regular beginning in 1950 and would have been an unlikely participant in the Friday night shows at Freeport. Nazaruk finished 4th in 1950 AAA Eastern sprint car standings. He won races that year at Williams Grove, Harrington, Bedford, and Rutland. There would have been severe sanctions from the AAA had he ran the Freeport races. Also, TV was in it's infancy and programming of that sort didn't appear until about 1949. I might be wrong but the combination of these two facts narrows it down considerably, IMO.

Man you know way too much!!!

Where you the guy who owned the house with the porch on the backstrech at Freeport?

Dwight Clock
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post

Man you know way too much!!!

Where you the guy who owned the house with the porch on the backstrech at Freeport?
    ...No, I grew up in Bay Shore.

Thread Information