Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.a.f.e.r.

S.a.f.e.r.

Is there a date for the safer banquet ?
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

If anyone has this info. please respond. I have already commited myself to going to my nieces sweetsixteen party in March. Hope it is not the same day.
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com

00 RBDJ
    I do not belive that they have a place or date yet..I may be wrong..

Fig8 T.K.
    Hopefully by the end of the weekend we will have all the information. Joe has been working on this and we are looking at two more places and than a decision will be made. The information will be posted as soon as it is finalized. I realize without the date it is hard to get an exact head count but if everyone could get an approximate count it will help. All tickets MUST be paid for before the dinner.

Fig8 T.K.
    Unfortunately, there is no final word on the dinner dance. I will post as soon as I know something.

Kathy

With the next SAFER meeting scheduled for this coming Tuesday,I would think there will be an update.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Still no date for the SAFER Banquet. Joe Saraceno had to bring information to the group to vote on prior to making a decision. Should be out shortly. Looks like the end of March or 1st week in April.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

3 weeks later still no date ??
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com

Also there was supposed to be an e-mail list put together, just so we could be in contact to make things happen in a timely manner.
    my point at the meeting was if we could all be in contact by e-mail, then we don't have to go to a meeting once a month and talk about what we did not do all month.:
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com

Artie,
    on the figure 8 web site, www.safer8.com , there is a list of emails as current as we have information for. You can find it through the rosters page. Just about every member has a email address.
    As for the meetings... sorry but there are some things it is better to do in person, as a group... than through a email that not everyone participates in nor reads on a regular basis. If you are interested in the goings on of the club you make it your business to attend these scheduled meetings.If you are unable to attend due to your jobs work hours I'm sure any one that attended would share the evenings news with you. As you know they are always on the same Tuesday of every month at Chances. I agree that sometimes things do seem to take a long time to get done. My own personal feelings on that is, "If more people pitched in and contributed their time, efforts and energy to the organization it could and would be so much better for all members." From what I've observed, it is only a small number who continually are generous of their time, talents and knowledge to keep this club at all a viable organization. It would also "lighten the load" on those that are shouldering many jobs at once. But thats just my opinion.
    Karen

meetings email etc

What Artie was trying to say was, The jobs or tasks that people were and or are supposed to do between meetings are not getting done because they have not been able to speak to others in club about them. The suggestion emailing each other was to help things move along a little faster. He wasn't saying that because he didnt want to come to any meetings. And yes people need to start coming to these meetings more often so everyone has a say and be involved with what is going on.
    We also said we can't wait for certain people to come to these meetings to make a decision, some decisions are gonna have to be made with the people that are going to the meetings and are participating in getting things to work.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Fig8 T.K.
    I am not sure what is not getting done between meetings that people are supposed to be taking care of. If we are talking about the dinner, a lot has been going on with the dance plans. As usual, Joe Saraceno has to make sure we have the dinner at a nice place that is willing to do it for a reasonable price. He is constantly bickering back and forth about prices. I realize the announcement of the date and place is late this year, but that doesn't mean it is not being worked on. Today alone there were six phones calls between myself, Joe Saraceno and Joe Larsen regarding the dance. If there are other things anyone feels has not gotten done, email me and I let you know if I have any information.
    I am curious as to who the certain people are that need to come to the meeting so decisions can be made.

Kathy

I think Artie's post was misinterpreted. At the last meeting it was recommended we share e-mail addresses so that we could update each other via e-mail with things we, or anybody else is working on for the club. It was not designed to replace the monthly meeting. I don't believe Artie was suggesting nothing was being done. I believe what he was trying to say is where was the e-mail(s) regarding updates to the Banquet.

Joe i guess you you have put it in better words than me. noone is trying to put people down or saying they have to do anything. It's just a suggestion with emailing in between meetings. To help keep everyone up to date. And help EACHOTHER on getting things done thats all i was trying to say. I have been trying to help as well.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Sorry I have not checked in a few days. Joe is correct. at the last meeting we talked about having an e-mail list that we could go to follow up on talked about projects.
    for instance if there is something I can do to help make the safer t-shirts appear before the next meeting I would be glad to be of assistance.
    If you are working on that please feel free to e-mail or phone me. my cell # can be found at my web site.
    Joe your good at keeping things from getting ugly
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com

Thread Information