Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.a.f.e.r.

Well, I'm thinking most who have internet access and are involved in the division, might be members here, so how about just use the Private Message feature.

Artie, what happens is, someone hears something form someone, who tells a friend, who calls the guy down the block, who post on the Jam.

I've been in your shoes and just wanted to clear it up.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

O.K. so whens the awards dinner lol.. Get Well Uncle Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyj16 View Post
    O.K. so whens the awards dinner lol.. Get Well Uncle Tom
    WHEN TK IS BETTER

I have an idea, (imagine that).

Have the S.A.F.E.R. Banquet in October. Combine 2007 and 2008 awards. Plan it NOW!!!!!! Put a committee together to work as a team. Utilize e-mail for updates, (as Artie mentioned), and work through the season to raise funds for the point fund, reduced ticket prices and for guest tickets. Promote the banquet and be ready. Last minute does not work.

I think some key people need to meet early next week to discuss this matter.

Tech day is a month away and I am sure many teams are getting busy and don't want to spend money on tickets, dresses and a new shirt.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

x_factor

Lightbulb

got idea (lol) tower man check your p.m

Well Joe,

I have been speaking to a couple of people. Some like, some dislike your idea, but the way time is flying by, I don't think we are going to have a choice in the matter. Unless those in charge have been planning and we will find out soon or at our next meeting when where very soon. The one thing is, we have a club was to show another division how we have a party with awarding the first annual JOHN KRAFT award to the Blunderbust Rookie of the Year. which in turn could have made other clubs join together and have a bigger Awards Dinner Dance in the future.
    Last edited by Tommyj16; 03-06-2008 at 06:14 PM.

There will always be those who agree and those who don't. I respect that. Decisions are hard to make and even harder to please all. But to do nothing is wrong.

Roger Maynor is the S.A.F.E.R. Champion and is being denied his reward. As you know, I have been involved with S.A.F.E.R. for parts of 4 decades. S.A.F.E.R. always had the best parties.

The sad part of John Kraft Memorial Rookie of the Year Award is it looks like I'll be giving the plaques out in the pits. No fanfare, no cameras and no recogition for a man who helped all and was forgotten by most. Even the track wouldn't mention the award because I "didn't go through the channels of the Riverhead Raceway marketing programs".

Fig8 T.K.
    Hey did I miss something??? Is the dance a dead deal? Let me know so I can cancel appts that Karen Specht and I have tonight. I would rather be home staying dry than hopping from place to place gathering info to relay to Joe.

Kathy

Not dead, but appears to be on life support. I hope we can have it and hope there is a good turn out on such short notice.

Fig8 T.K.

Some news

Here is some information regarding the dinner. The tentative date is Friday April 4th. I believe it will be held in either Patchogue or Medford. I am faxing the information Karen and I gathered tonight to Joe Saraceno tomorrow morning and he will make the final decision. One thing we need help with is trying to get an approx. head count. We have to guarantee a certain number of people and it would be nice to not have to pay for people that are not there. You can either email me or Karen with your information. Also if you know anyone that does not have internet access and can give them a call you can include their count in your email.

Thanks
    Kathy

Smile

Hey Joe,
    We have been reading the posts pertaining to the banquet and I can assure you, whenever you have it we will be there. Donny, Rob and Jessica worked hard for their rookie awards and I know they appreciate the efforts put forth by you. We have heard about how much fun the S.A.F.E.R parties are and quite frankly after the extremely disappointing RR "Banquet" we are looking forward to a good time....
    VICKI

Fig8 T.K.
    The sad part of John Kraft Memorial Rookie of the Year Award is it looks like I'll be giving the plaques out in the pits. No fanfare, no cameras and no recogition for a man who helped all and was forgotten by most. Even the track wouldn't mention the award because I "didn't go through the channels of the Riverhead Raceway marketing programs".

This may be something that belongs in a Blunderbust thread. SAFER and the Fig8 drivers should not be involved with something the racetrack would not do for the Blunderbust division. I think most people would agree with me that anytime SAFER or Fig8 drivers need to promote functions, sponsors etc. we approach the PR person, Bob Finan and he is always willing to go above and beyond to help us. Our picnic, dinner dance, and last year our car show was announced on Sat nights. Bob also attends our functions if his schedule permits. He loves the Fig8 division and has supported them since the Islip Days. For many years now the track has allowed us to sell our end of year raffle tickets in the pit area and I am not sure who we needed to clear that with.

As far as John Kraft being forgotten.....it will never happen at Riverhead Raceway as long as Bob is the announcer. John always had and still has a special spot in Bob Finans heart and he will not allow John to be forgotten. This is proven on many Saturday nights when Bob talks about John or tells a funny story about him.

Hopefully we can get back on the topic of the SAFER Dinner and make it as successful as those in the past.

Kathy

Fig8 T.K.

Apology

It was not my intention in my previous post to personally attack anyone but it has been brought to my attention that some feel that I did. I would like to explain that my point was that I felt Blunderbust issues should be in with the Blunderbust threads. I realize now that Joe felt it was a SAFER issue since he had plans to give out the Blunderbust Awards at the SAFER Dinner. Joe, I am very sorry if you also feel that this was written to attack you. You have been a major part and supporter of SAFER for many years, even when you did not have any involvement in the division. You put your heart and soul into the dinner dance last year and it was very successful. Probably the best dance we have had in many years. You have also helped many drivers both on and off the racetrack. Please do not think that what I wrote has any reflection of the appreciation SAFER has for everything you have done.

Kathy

Thread Information