Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Car #s ( Bomber class and who went with them)

PTuski@aol.com

Thumbs up

=PTuski@aol.com;95267]Chris Cominsky drove the Plymouth* White #125,and also drove a 69 Camaro, white, #72.The Wonder Bread Car was #01 Danny* Wernner.**** 01 was the johnys auto body car

I'm just reading through the posts here not thinking I'd have much to say because I really didn't know anyone from the early Freeport days, and then a name was mentioned who I totally forgot about. One night in 1974 I was in front of my future wifes parents house in north babylon at about 1am trying to put a rear housing in my 64 comet street car after I blew the rear that was in the car right in front of the house. I'm the middle of fighting with this thing and a car pulls up and stops. The guy gets out and says he thought he was the only fool who does stuff like this in the street in the middle of the night, lol. He offers to help me and just as he does I see that the center bolts in my leaf springs have a much bigger head than the hole in the housing pads. He says come on throw that in my trunk we'll go to my house and torch the holes bigger. He lived in Deer Park, last block off Lake Ave, before it ended at Carlls Path. We get there and there's his Freeport car. We cut the holes bigger, went back and bolted the housing in. I remembered him saying he was Mike McGerty. Now, two years later I get married and we move into an apartment on Manor Lane in Bayshore. It was while I was living here that Ernie Maynor got me the deal on the #2 figure8 car from Jerry and Alan Bowers. I kept the car at Ernie's until in 1977 I rented a house in Ronkonkoma on Ronkonkoma Ave, just before the shopping center by portion road. In later years the tiny garage was connected to the house and it became at tax office or something like that. In 1978 I moved to a house on Weichers Ave off Pond Path that had an awesome cement block garage. I found out not long after the people before me also had a racecar. It was Mike McGerty. Anyone know where he is today?
    Rick
    Last edited by RickFigure8; 04-03-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Captain History
    McGerty! Mike McGerty was the 1981 Islip Novice champion. I think that he lives in Arizona.

Thread Information