Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2008 ROC Pavement Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    realist
    not happy at all, i'm just tired of all the b.s. . open or close don't keep stringing people along. sell it or close it! these people have no interest in running a race track. i've invested 39 years at that place as a fan, a crew member, and a car owner for a short time, i think i'm entitled to my opinion.

You're absolutely entitled to an opinion, I was just wondering why so negative when nothing seems to be decided yet.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    not happy at all, i'm just tired of all the b.s. . open or close don't keep stringing people along. sell it or close it! these people have no interest in running a race track. i've invested 39 years at that place as a fan, a crew member, and a car owner for a short time, i think i'm entitled to my opinion.
    First off, being 38 years old, no way you invested 39 years, many others have more than that. The track totally understands what it is doing. There are many touring divisions with Wall on their schedule (4C Supers, NEETS, Roc Tour). This is a big business decision and although it does stink waiting, I understand totally from a business end. Business is for making money, and if they are not returning enough, then something else must be done. I, myself, would not like to be in their shoes right now.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

realist
    sorry, i will be 39 this year, my first race was 2 weeks old( like i remember),(dad bought his first car in 69). have not missed too many saturday nights since. spent a couple years at shangri la, and spent a couple years at flemington, also traveled a few years ( tour ) hard not to go, when wall is around the corner. i understand business, (they aren't making money) 4.5 million is a big monthy payment, plus monthly taxes. when the nicols had it there was no monthly payment to the bank just taxes, and that increased when they paved everything (pits, infield,etc.) i will be sick if it closes, but i am looking at reality.

Wall ROC race

I read in Area Auto that the first ROC race at Wall would be held either May 4 or May 18. Not on May 11, as was posted on here. Anyone got info on this?

witchin8
    The email i received from them says May 11th.

May 11

When was the last tour race scheduled for Mother's Day?

modscene
    I'm confused, I guess. This thread started when someone posted an official press release sent out to the media by the Race of Champions Modified Tour. It wasn't a rumor or something they "heard", it was the facts as they had been released. Now everyone wants to debate it. We'll know if the facts have changed when either the RoC Tour and/or Wall officially announce it. Until then, these are the facts.

And everyone is entitled to an opinion, it has nothing to do with who you are or what you've done. But as the saying goes, "Opinions are like...." Y'all need to chill and wait for the story to develop.

Thread Information