Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another idea...

Grandview would be great!

Joe,

I would make the trip to Grandview in a heartbeat! Let me know if I can help with anything if this happens. I know a few people that could help as well.

Shon
    -------------------------
    www.elkmotorsports.com

Never raced on a dirt track before...

Both Larry and I are in.

How about giving Bob Miller a call, with his connections a enduro at G-view would be unreal. A race at that track would put neets back on the map for good. Please Joe, don't hold back on this one. Almost everyone would agree, this idea is the best move, do what you have to do to make this happen!!
    Cory
    1x

I have to agree with Stu. I think an enduro at Grandview would be awesome. I had this conversation with Mark Garman (Big D announcer and worker at Grandview) last week. I think you could have the same type of turnout that you see at Big Diamond. Most of the guys would travel from Big D. I will post on Big D site to see what kind of interest there is.

Shon

gutter7
    The last enduro i saw there, i thought they started close to 200 cars, it was 4 or 5 wide close to all the way around the track. Should be popular.

Question 200 cars................

I haven't seen that many enduros on a dirt track since Nazareth............
    Two things: Ya better bring out your 5000lb. enduros for this one and they better be paying big money to the top ten............
    UNCLE PETEY..................

gutter7
    Ya, it was early 90's i'll have to see if i still have pics. The track was so cluttered with dead cars you had to dive into the infield to go by the starters stand. It was pretty awsome.

By the way...anyone have a flop clock?
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

gutter7
    Give Buddy a call at bigdiamond. They had one and i believe they are useing transponders now.

Looks like a ton of interest Joe. How did this idea come about?

STU, I have many sources...all with their eyes and ears out for NEETS...let's just say a little birdie helped this idea "GROW". I will have more info shortly!

Anyone going up to Grandview this weekend for opening day? ...might see ya there! Call me, 267-767-4923

I looked for you last night at G-view. Someone said you were the guy running up the back steps bringing hot dogs to Erine. HEHEHE

I KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!!

I was sitting near the exit of turn 4! I saw someone walk by, but I never got a good glimpse of your face twice. Plus, now that I am thinking about it, Lynda was trailing a bit behind you, wasn't she?

Of course, by the time I figured out, or at least thought I did, I lost track of where you headed in the first place...

We will be there again this weekend! Call me when you get there, Cory!

As with anyone!!! Call me when you get there unless you are trying to avoid me...then don't call me, I'll call you when I catch you sneaking by! LOL

Sac-Man

Thumbs up Grandview would be Great...

Count me in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy87BB View Post
    Oh man, I'd have to make a trip to see THAT...believe it or not, I have yet to watch a race at a dirt track. I'm sure you'll have a Long Islander or two going that I could hitch hike up with (although since hitch hiking is illegal, I guess I'd have to find a rule breaker to go with...ha ha!)...
    You have to put one of those dirt races on your schedule, its a blast on dirt!

But I know you have stood in turn 4 more than once so you have a taste of what a dirt track is like!

Thread Information