Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get ready to get DIRTY!!!

We will be given a date...that is all I can say. I would like to say early June which would give us enough time to promote this and advertise it properly and get our rules posted with enough time for everyone to make any adjustments...

BUT...we may be told late August, mid May, JANUARY even!!!! I can't give you any ideas since this is out of my hands as far as making a decision here...it will be a Sunday though!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

as far as windshields go you can put make a template of windshield and have a piece of lexan cut.i dont like screen because dirt and whatever small thing get in the car.

Hey Jim...think about it...if the windsheild stops the mud...then you cant see... You rather NOT see where your going, or get hit by a few peices of mud balls...Plus have you seen the price for a peice of lexan that size...its not real cheap...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

your right,just thought about the asphalt side of not the dirt.never raced dirt so it was not such a great idea.do they wet the track before the race?will have to come to watch will be interesting to say the least!!in my opinion the price of lexan does not matter as long as i feel safe in the car thats what matters!!thanks for setting me straight on this. jim

We are looking into the "glass windshield remaining" aspect for racing at Grandview, but as of right now, it will have to be removed...

The only way a driver would ever be allowed to race with a glass windshield, permitting the track allows it, would be under the following conditions:

1. It must be in perfect condition...no cracks, holes, nicks (aside from grit hitting it) or gouges.

2. The car MUST have working wipers AND properly functioning squirters along with a 3/4 to full tank of fluid.

3. It would be highly recommended that YOU test your wipers pre-arriving at the track to see how well they wipe...if they leave a lot of streaks, I would recommend buying new ones. Once you get a lot of mud and dirt caked onto those blades, little streaks will turn into mud paths on the windshield...

Trust me on #3, I had a hard enough time driving home after a snow storm on the turnpike with a 4 inch wide streak going across the driver's side of my windshield... Flooding it with fliud wouldn't even help me out....

As for #2..."PROPERLY FUNCTIONING" They would have to squirt your windshield and ONLY your windshield...no hose guns pointing towards other cars! ...as funny as that would be, you funny guys out there...still no.

Before we start getting too hyped up about changes...let's worry about the date first!
    Last edited by CJfilms; 05-04-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Let's wait and see what first race is like. We should worry about any rule changes IF we get more dates JMO.

Yes and NO!!!!

Cory, you are right about the rules as for US waiting until after the first race...BUT!!! I hope that NO ONE waits to see what the first race is like!!!!

Bruce Rogers, Grandview's Promoter/Owner, told me about a class that GV tried to start up...so many people decided to "wait and see" that the class died off quick.

Yes, we will wait until after the first race before making any major changes...since repeating myself about there not being any major changes to the rules is not enough...there will not be any major changes to the rules.

The glass issue will be the biggest issue. Besides that, most of what has been written so far is just clarification to the existing rules. Again, there will not be any major changes to the rules. NEETS is not going to suddenly say "no 4-door cars allowed". We may lengthen the description on our tire rule since it has been questioned by so many people on different occasions...that is the extent of any 'changes'.

Joe, I don't think you should be worried about the car count. Any one who passes up on racing at Grandview is foolish if you ask me. I am one of the dozens of drivers that always dreamed about racing there and I am smart enough not to miss this race if it is our only chance. I think 30-35 cars in each class is a safe bet.

Windshield

I think it would be very difficult to race with a windshield. You would be better off removing it and putting in a window screen. You will never be able to focus on driving when you have to constantly worry about wipers and washer fluid. JMO. Take the windshield out and go DIRT RACING!!!

J & J Racing 41
    We raced there twice back in the flemington years. we started out in a sloppy mud and ended in a dust bowl. windshields are not a good idea, the clay and washer fluid make a greasy paist. cut the shield out and put it back when your done.

Thread Information