Thread: Rogers - LM Rookie?

Rogers - LM Rookie?

Just so everyone know's, I believe Tommy Rogers is a 'rookie' in the LM class and will have to start from rear?

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

For handicapping purposes, you are considered a "rookie" for the first three races of the season unless you competed in at least 50% of the races in that division the prior year. So, yes, Tom Rogers Jr. is considered a rookie for handicapping purposes and must start in the rear until he has run for three consecutive races.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

spabler

not a rookie

I may be wrong here but I think if you compete in the mods or the top division than drive in a lesser division you are not eligible as a rookie.
    He may have to start in the rear for handicapping reasons though as he did not compete in at least 1/2 of the shows last season.
    Last edited by spabler; 05-04-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Fig8 T.K.
    The question is not only if he will be rookie of the year but when will he be the Champion? Not sure but I think he gained the title in Fig8 and Modified within the first two years of competing.

Tom Kraft

I'm sorry, my original post was not here. I did not post because I wanted/thought he would win ROY, I was just trying to help people with the top 5 contest - letting them know he would have to start last or in the rear for 3 weeks.

Regardless, with all due respect to the original intention........it is a joy seeing Tommy add a very good competitor to this division (as it is also great seeing Buzzy return).

I would love to see the beautiful Late Models of Greg Kleila and Mike Mortimer to return and what a great feild we would have!

No matter what division or divisions you have raced, if you never competed in a division you are eligible for Rookie of the Year. For example...Tony Stewart decides to retire from cup racing and move to Long Island. He decides he wants to drive a Late Model. Guess what? He is eligible for Rookie of the Year as long as he has not competed in 6 events in any one season. Sorry Trace, the 50% rule has to do with handicapping only. If Bill Park missed 3 in a row he would be handicapped as a rookie as far as handicapping goes. Don't confuse the two.

So Tommy Rogers is and very well may be the Late Model Rookie of the Year in 2008.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

That was my point exactly, Tower Man. Golf Guy was pointing out that Rogers would be in the back (it originally was under the "top 5 contest" thread), and I was simply confirming that - for handicapping purposes - he would be a rookie.

Thanks for clarifying the rookie status overall, though.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

we had this discussion years ago with dave in the latemodels and trucks. he couldn't run for it because he ran mods in 1995 before the lm in 2002.

Thread Information