Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get your heads out of your A$$

Get your heads out of your A$$

Good Morning Gentlemen,

it's time to start racing like the professional Late Model drivers you are, not the guys that took to the track last night. This is too good a division to be acting like were in a demo derby.
    How about a little give and take instead of trying to bulldose to the front in one lap? Show some patience and respect so you don't end up having to repair and spend a lot of dollars you don't have on your car?
    Keep your cars on the track and not under the white line.

Have a nice day. I am now going to pull my wreck out of the trailer.
    Last edited by DriveitinDeep; 06-29-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: because I wanted to

just 3 guys

I have to agree with rog 100%. I'll point out that it's a certain 3 gentleman(not to name names, but us guys who constantly are wrecked by them know) are the cause 95% of the time, and there is never any penalty for them. This is one of the reasons the 08 is resting in the garage.

Well said. It amazes me that the Late Model division can put on some great shows as they did earlier this year with 15 or 16 cars, but drive like a bunch of in experienced non drivers when we have a smaller field. What is also frustrating is the FACT that it is the same cars are causing the same problems every week. How many weeks in a row does someone have to be put to the rear of the field for rough riding in order to figure out that you are being over aggressive? How about when you are the first driver causing a wreck every week? Shouldn't that tell you that you are driving over your head?
    Guy's, it's time to wise up a bit. Rumor has it that two teams are not returning for the rest of the season because of all of this B.S., and we lost two teams from last year because of the same thing. The Late Model division was putting on the best races of the show for the first 5 weeks,and the last few have been questionable, at best. I think it's time to wise up and go back to how we were racing at the beginning of this season.

I was glad to see that a driver, (who im not going to name), was sent to the back of the feild for his "rough" driving hes been doing it for the past 2-3 weeks it was good to see the officials taking notice of it. But the whole race in general was a bit ridiculous, people need to try to pass on the outside instead of just pounding the other driver out of the way

Last year the latemodels lost greg and mike and its a shame.this week i saw the 98 take out a few cars and nothing was done to him.WHY?the 23 also takes out the 61 and nothing is done to him.quess it depends on who you are. roger that was a shame what happened to you. you are a great driver keep ur head up.

Why would they start doing something now the 23 has been taking out cars for 15 years and they haven't done a dam thing to him other than on a rare occasion, and the 98 well I think everyone has seen him spin all on his own in front of a pack of cars, miss a shift repeatedly and or generally drive like he was blindfolded for weeks at a time and all he is is a hero in RR's eye's for all the sponsoring he used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Why would they start doing something now the 23 has been taking out cars for 15 years and they haven't done a dam thing to him other than on a rare occasion, and the 98 well I think everyone has seen him spin all on his own in front of a pack of cars, miss a shift repeatedly and or generally drive like he was blindfolded for weeks at a time and all he is is a hero in RR's eye's for all the sponsoring he used to do.
    you are 100% right.why would they start doing it now.

daracer10
    The 98 took no one out this week...when a car is on the outside and consistently comes down when a car is to the inside the outcome isn't too hard to figure out. When lap after lap you chop the nose of another car, sooner or later you will be going for a spin. This isn't a one lane track, when you get shuffled to the outside run the outside, don't come down on the car. This happens in every division, spotters are for a reason.. Use them!!!
    Last edited by daracer10; 07-02-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    Couldn't have said it any better myself daracer10.

catfish, The past year and a half I haven't seen the things you say about the 98. Not since Chris Turbush has been setting the car up. When was the last time you were at RR?

As far as the 23, he HAS been black flagged/set down for the night for rough riding atleast 2 times this year, if you guys were at the track you'd know this.

Ace you very well may be correct, I guess I should delete my post but I won't as I have a long memory.

ok if the 23 was blacked flag and set down for rough riding at least 2 times this year how could he be in 3 place in pionts 42 out of first.if he was set down for the night dont you lose your pionts for that night.even if he was set down once this year I still cant see him 42 pionts out of first.even with his win.so i dont think he was ever set down for the night.I read he was fined one night for rough riding.mabe long island jam can fined out if the 23 was ever set down.

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    Jeff

1.I know he was sent down to the last car on the lead lap which may have been 9th on one night after getting into the 98.

2. When you spin someone and the caution comes out, if you were the cause of the wreck you get put back to the rear of the field and continue to race. This happened on another night to the 23.

He also won a double point show.

How many times have you ever been to RR?

With only 12 cars in the last feature there shouldn't be many yellows. When a guy gets under you run the outside line!

The chargers last week with 12 cars in the feature I believe ran green to checker.
    Last edited by Ace; 07-02-2008 at 09:15 PM.

yes i know he was sent down to the last car last weak .but you said set down for at least 2 times this year.set down and sent back are two diffrent things.when you get sent back to the last car.yes you do still get pionts.but when you get set down for the night you lose your pionts.for thats how it was when we ran are car.mabe it changed i dont know.and yes i do go to riverhead evrey saturday.

Well first of all, you don't see drivers set DOWN for rough riding very often, regardless of who they are.

Secondly, there is way too much whining from non-drivers going on. I think the moderators need to step up and eliminate the fans bashing the drivers. If you have something to say about a certain driver's style, you know you're welcome to visit them in the pit area. Don't speak from the safety of your computer chair about drivers who more then likely don't even visit the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka$h25 View Post
    Well first of all, you don't see drivers set DOWN for rough riding very often, regardless of who they are.

Secondly, there is way too much whining from non-drivers going on. I think the moderators need to step up and eliminate the fans bashing the drivers. If you have something to say about a certain driver's style, you know you're welcome to visit them in the pit area. Don't speak from the safety of your computer chair about drivers who more then likely don't even visit the site.
    Ka$h I agree with you it is easier for many people to write from their computer negative stuff instead of talking in person (this is why I do not like computers). But regardless if we agree with it or not, this is an open forum to discuss feelings about the racing at Riverhead. Everyone can either choose to write back or ignore the posts'.

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

Thread Information