Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy White/Mike Rommeney Updates - Get Well Soon

Jimmy White/Mike Rommeney Updates - Get Well Soon

any word on how the two drivers are?

Jimmy White was transported by helicopter to Stony Brook burn unit, and Mike Rommeney was checked out locally. Both should be okay, but keep a good thought for each. They were injured entertaining all of you.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

randomrodder
    They are both in our Prayers.

Update on Jimmy White

I just got off the phone with Jimmy White's parents, and received an update on Jimmy's condition.

Jimmy is currently in Stony Brook's Burn Unit, and it is expected that he will remain there for a week or more. The family is being told that he has second-degree burns on his arms and his legs. His face is also burned, as is his lower back. He will need to be scrubbed down twice a day to prevent infection. There is some swelling, particularly in his face, and that is expected to worsen over the next 48 hours before getting better. The good news is that his airways are clear and his eyes seemed to be okay last night, though that will be re-checked after the swelling subsides.

The great news, however, is that Jimmy is in VERY good spirits. He spent much of the night last night joking around. Anyone who knows Jimmy knows his sense of humor, and from what his parents said, his sense of humor is definitely intact. He IS allowed to have visitors, which may be very helpful during his stay at Stony Brook.

His family wanted to thank everyone for their concern, and I will do my best to keep you updated if and when further updates become available.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

its good to hear that he is ok my prayers are with him anf his family
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

feel better

get well Jim. Feel better Mike.

Love #28 fig-8 team.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

What exactaly Happened?

And hope all involved a speedy recovery!

The Kid

The kid is in stony brook driving(no pun intended)everybody crazy with jokes and humor,his spirits are high and he is in the best care possible much like the care received from the entire RIVERHEAD RACEWAY CREW,AMBULANCE PERSONELL,FIRE DEPARTMENT and all VOLUNTEERS as well as the phone calls from everyone involved with the track as well as freinds old and new ,also a big THANX to all the fans who got much needed water over the fence last night to soothe the burns associated with this incident.Again a huge THANX to all who helped in any way and please give him a call or visit in his time of need.

Sincerely all of us at
    BUSY BEE RACING & FAMILY

P>S> THE KID SAYS NEW T SHIRTS WILL BE ON SALE THAT SAY
    (JIMMY THE KID WHITE) HOT! HOT! HOT! (GOTTA LUV EM)
    #19 J.W.

Jimmy Sr. and Family,

Let me know if I can do anything for all of you guys!

Harold and Donna Wilson

I'm glad to hear that he's doing well. When someone gets hurt doing something that we all do for fun, it is a big wake up call. In a way, I'm glad I'm in Mass. this weekend. Jimmy, get well soon. We need you back. Mike "Gravel" Buksa

Get Well Soon Jimmy! I hope we all can help take the sting out of your injuries (shameless plug to Jim's Busy Bee Pest Control, lol). Seriously, get well soon and if we can help at all, let us all know.

I was on the infield when the incident happen and the all the track crews did their jobs and got to Jimmy asap! I'd like to say great job crew, you job is thankless for the most part as is the officials who also hopped on the scene asap, thank you guys! Jimmy it great to hear the update that your spirits are high and your laughing. You must be driving all the nurses crazy like you did in the demo debry, you were all over the place. Your one of a kinda man, get well soon and see you at the track again soon!

selah
    Peter Milano
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

BlingxBling
    Get well soon Jimmy!!!

ROGERS RACING
    get well soon

Thread Information