Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy White/Mike Rommeney Updates - Get Well Soon

Get Well soon Jimmy , Glad to hear your okay , That was the scariest thing I ever saw . Thank god you didn't panic and did exactly the right thing to save yourself from further injury !
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    Get well soon Jimmy.

good luck jimmy!!stay tough!!ive been burned on my arms and the process of scrubbing the area is a necessary evil to help healing.stay strong!!make sure to do what the docs say very important.if there is anything i can do please dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.you will pull thru this its just going to take time!!good luck!!

KickItUp
    Glad he is ok, but I think Bumper Boy would have been a big help here, to both injured drivers. Miss his presence. Hope everyone recovers nicely, and the track starts checking into more safety issues to prevent this again. This was quite scary.

There is an article posted on www.newsday.com. In the article, they do quote Jimmy, and he stated that he intends to run more demos. There's one kid you can't keep down. Speedy recovery, Jimmy! Feel free to let us know if there is anything the Jam can do for you.

I would also like to send a big thumbs-up to the track staff, ambulance personnel and officials who attended to Jimmy.

On another note, I just spoke with Mike Rommeney. He was released from the hospital after about two hours last night. He is now home and resting. Although he is sore and bruised, he does hope to run the demo scheduled for this coming Saturday.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Biltor57
    Get well Jimmy

Get Well Jimmy you were putting on a great show, Now do the same in your recovery!!!!!!

nos2424

Speedy Recovery

We are so sorry this happened to you but wish you the speediest recovery ever. Gang from Iron Man Welding

What a horrible accident to hear about and read. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you Jimmy as well as your parents. Stay strong, it will be tough at first but you will recover. We don't know you but as a family member of Riverhead Raceway, and being married to a Race Car Driver and competing there for years I know all to well the thoughts all are having for you, so with everyone else we wish you well. The Racing Family always sticks together so if you need anything you just ask anyone at that track or the Jam and they will help you out. Best to you from Tennessee.

Love,
    Andy & Jo
    LM #84
    He didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya, he rubbed ya and Rubbin is Racin!!!!!!

Get well soon Jimmy.
    Happy to hear that Mike is doing ok.
    CIN

Just got back from visiting Jimmy at the hospital. He is doing really well. What a trooper, can't wait to get out of the hospital.
    Christine
    ch7296@msn.com

Get Well!!

Get well soon Jimmy!
    Last edited by Wheel Racing; 07-07-2008 at 10:01 PM.

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

Thinking of you

Jimmy,
    We just want to wish you a speedy recovery. It truly was scary witnessing what happened to you. You seem to have a very upbeat attitude and that is very important. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    John, Janet, and Emily
    Cozza Race Team
    Grand Enduro #59
    NEETS TRUX

PS
    Glad that Mike is doing okay.

I just got off the phone with Jimmy White's mother, and would like to pass along the following update on Jimmy's condition:

As of yesterday, Jimmy was better than he had been the day before. He was able to open his eyes, even if it was only slightly. The doctors have found some third-degree burns on Jimmy's right arm and right leg, and that will require some skin grafting. It appears that Jimmy will be in the hospital for longer than originally anticipated, perhaps a month or more. Over the course of the next few weeks, our racing family should keep Jimmy in their thoughts, and I'm sure that visits from some of his racing friends will help keep his spirits up. We all know that Jimmy is not the type of person to sit around, and it will undoubtedly be difficult for him to be confined to the hospital, but all we can do is try to make that as easy as possible for Jimmy and his family.

Jimmy's family wants the focus, however, to be the simple fact that Jimmy is okay. Let's all be thankful for that, and offer whatever support and encouragement we can as he recovers.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Thread Information