Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spec Drags rules? ? wth!!!

Rumor

Heard that Tech inspectors made Don Carasiti take his bottle out for the spectator race,any truth to that ???

Spec Drags rules? ? wth!!!

Rumors are that a car or 3 cars was/were inspected for equipment and ruled that they had to remove there n2o bottles from the car?

Now what would be a problem with them running n2o if they need it?

If n2o is not allowed then why would other modified vehicles be allowed?

This is after all spec drags, and if you can drive it in that way, then run what you brung... If you can't beat the guy with it, go and get it...... if you think that's all you need...

I didn't cry foul that some run substancially better tires and or even play or dabble with the bottle, if you can't beat the car with it, then make yours better...
    If you can't win in spec drags then maybe try a division with rules that seem to work for the crying type...
    Remember 1 thing though, there is no division for the crying type...
    Last edited by SuperShafts; 07-28-2008 at 07:07 PM.
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Supershafts, who the heck are you talking to. LOL

Stop starting rumors... If you heard it , it must be a rumor, but from what I've heard...I don't want to start rumors, we'll leave it at that! Man he got killed off the line!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Supershafts, who the heck are you talking to. LOL
    Im hoping to people making last minute rule changes as they go see it and leave it alone
    AND
    To whowever the cry babies are that can't win and gotta cry about it to get some bs handicapping so they can win....

I do not want to race a depowered all time winner for the win....

What would the win mean when the win comes at a easy hand it to you win...

If you come week after week with the same set-up and lose, guess what, you lose...
    Or you crash like others... Learn or retire, stop crying, this isn't a doll house game and calling no fair
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Guess we can soak tires then too!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Bullfather View Post
    Guess we can soak tires then too!
    If you want to soak tires in spec drag, be my guest, i'll even sell you the good stuff and explain how to apply it...

They can soak drag radials or m/t streets for all i care...
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

He was not the only 1
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

This is not a rumor: They made him remove or change something.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

The point here is that the car is supposed to be STREET legal, and nitrous oxide bottles are illegal for use on the street. Now we know why some of these cars came to the track on trailers, and were not driven there.

Good call by the officials.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I talk to Don evry spect. drag race before and after; whether Im running it or not. Ive come down to victory lane with him before. I was parked right next to him in the shute when he was called to tech. It is no secret, he was told to disconnect the bottle. It is what it is. As far as crying, I didnt hear or read about anyone crying. Maybe some pom-poms got a little wet or something and misinterpreted (sp) a question for crying. I dont know.
    When I run, I run for fun, to fill a field, and put on a good show (try to anyway). Me and Don have rubbed tires plenty of times. We both have the scars to prove it. Him and that black blazer are the only 2 cars that have beaten me so far and I run JUNK. Anyone can tell you that. Its fun. Thats why I do it...for fun and crowd response. I like being the underdog and slowly catching the man to beat. As far as runnung a bottle, well the proof is in the pudding. Apparently he needed it. I PERSONALLY THINK A BOTTLE SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED. But knowing him, he WILL be back with more than that. Like I said, I get along with Don great. Nothing I say on here I havent said to him in person. God knows he isnt the fans choice...but you cant say they dont know who he is.How about the average Joe in the stands that says to his wife and kids "Id like to do that..Im going to run our car". That is what I thought this started out to be years back and why we do it. To encourage other newcomers and fans to join in. But why bother when cars are coming in on trailers? If thats the case then maybe the TRAILER guys should move up a division. And before it gets too far, I know of certain drivers who recently set up cars specifically for spec. drag to basically say " someone has to beat this guy" and Im not knocking them, Im applauding them. A few of them would give that trophy to anyone who asked for it.
    One question though...how much fun is it winning every single time you run?.....I LIKE a challenge...I love coming from the back. This didnt start 3 years ago...run whatcha brung been around a long time. Bring back the good old days when they used to run 30 cars TOGETHER...if you want to impress me, run that with a bottle.
    Just my 2 cents.

Donny "Boom-Boom" Oliver
    FLANDERS
    Last edited by nobandwagonhere; 07-28-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

randomrodder
    How about the old days at Islip, 6 laps of run what you brung? Talk about all out racing street cars. One on one spectator racing has nothing on the old spectator racing at all. With fields of over a dozen to twenty cars.

Quote Originally Posted by randomrodder View Post
    How about the old days at Islip, 6 laps of run what you brung? Talk about all out racing street cars. One on one spectator racing has nothing on the old spectator racing at all. With fields of over a dozen to twenty cars.

Your absolutely right.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

i ran in that spectator drag. the only car i saw being teched was don's firebird. not only were they checking for the bottle but they spent a while checking his tires to see if they are street legal. the only story an official gave on using a bottle that i ever heard was probably two seasons ago the official said they feel the track is too small to safely use nitrous. there used to be a beretta in the drags that they checked after they found out he had a bottle and they made him disconnect it each time. i agree that nitrous shouldnt be allowed. these cars are supposed to be street legal. as was already said an open bottle is not street legal. i go out there for fun and dont mind a heavily modded car beating me but at least keep it legal. its not like there is money to be won.

does anyone know what streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet legal means?
    no bottle. end of story.
    why should you be able to win over and over again. when you shouldnt have to begin with ?because you had something in your car that was not suppose to be there.
    no money to be won anyway. why spend the money on the bottle anyway... just to win a trophy that isn't won FAIR AND SQUARE.
    Last edited by leah28racing; 07-29-2008 at 09:46 AM.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Thread Information