Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transponders at Riverhead Raceway

Transponders at Riverhead Raceway

How come they dont have a lap counting system at the track?

?????Maybe $$$$??????

!!!!!!!Maybe they do!!!!!...
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

i know that but come on how much could it be 3 4 grand the most... i think they can afford it after last weekend..

The system is in place, and was used for the WMT race. I know of no plans to use it for any other purposes.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

It was originally installed for a WKA Regional event, I believe , in 2006. NASCAR came in a couple of months ago and "reinstalled" a new loop at the start finish line.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

then how come i need a scorer for 8 cylinder enduro? If its cause the amount of cars there could be, maybe we should buy our own transponders..

The transponders used were owned by NASCAR or the WMT teams themselves. Riverhead Raceway doesn't own any transponders that I know of. Even the ones the karts used were owned by WKA.

Yes, it would be nice to see them used for scoring things like enduros, where errors seem to occur more frequently, but you'd have to take that issue up with track management.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

The system would not cost the race track any money at all, the WKA system has a rental fee built into the entry for each race, with a 18 race schedule and lets say roughly 100 cars in the pits a night, plus enduros the system would pay for itself in less then a year, I know Mountain charges like $10-12 for the day, it is well worth it, no questioning and you can go to www.mylaps.com for lap by lap results EVERY WEEK!

In the management will probably make a profit off of the deal after the system pays itself off

khallock

Thumbs up

Great suggestion, less confusion in lining everyone back up and no mistakes. Quicker line up Quicker races, might just equal more features per evening.

Wink Get In The Loop.................

Wall Speedway had the transponder system and every driver used/owned their own transponder, with racers individual frequency registered with the AMB operator at the facility.........................
    Its about time RH got outa the stone age and started using them.........................
    It would definitely stop all the creative scoring going on in the enduro divisions...........................
    Its hard to believe that as long as RH has been in operation they rely on an out dated scoring system.......................
    UNCLE PETEY...................

exactly!!! Im pretty sure i finished in the top ten again and yet i have to wait a week to see where i finished..BS......i think everyone would even pay a few more dollars to have the ability to see lap times and position..

No more cheating, you know the guys that drop down on the infield and run laps down there, go from last to 1st 2x in 4 laps....

Use the transponders...
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

The loops are in the track already. All they would need to do is get the software and an operator.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I'm not saying that transponders couldn't be beneficial, but somehow when the discussion of transponders comes up, suddenly everyone forgets the problems we have seen with them in practical use too. There were many races that I remember the promoters having to actually sit down and view videotapes of and essentially score the videotaped races by hand because of transponder issues. And how about the instances where races were run and individual transponders stopped working while the race was going on? All I'm saying is that we should remember that no system is completely foolproof or perfect.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

Thread Information