Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dunn Tire Raceway Park 8/9/08

Dunn Tire Raceway Park 8/9/08

Dunn Tire Raceway Park 50th Anniversary Celebration Rescheduled for Sunday, August 24th
    50th Anniversary Celebration & Monday Madness Combined!!

Race fans get ready for one heck of a show!! Dunn Tire Raceway Park has combined their 50th Anniversary Celebration rainout from August 9th and their Monday Madness show that was scheduled for Monday, August 25th into one great day of racing!! The shows have been rescheduled together for Sunday, August 24th.

Headlining the show will be the Race of Champions 100 Lap feature event. In addition the SST Sportsman feature from August 9th that has 34 laps remaining will be completed. The SST division will also compete in an additional 50 lap feature that will be a Race of Champions qualifying event. The Super Stocks will compete in a 25 lap feature event and the Street Stocks will race in the Linda Tasca Memorial 50 lap feature. To round out the day will be the Late Models competing in a 50 lapper that will also serve as a Race of Champions qualifying event.

The pit gates will open at 10am with practice beginning at 11am. Grandstand gates will open at 12 noon. The racing action will begin at 2pm.

Rain checks from the August 9th event will be honored. For those that did not attend the August 9th, the August 24th admission is prices are adult grandstand admission $25, seniors $20, children 8-15 $10, and kids under 8 $1.

For more information call the track office at 716-759-6818, visit dunntireracewaypark.com, or contact Lori Overdorf, Director of Stock Car Events, at 716-207-2824.

Make up date

Hope they decide to run the modifieds early in the afternoon.

I'll be heading home from Mansfield and would love to stop off at Lancaster, but being a Sunday do not want to have to sit thru the whole show to wait for the modifieds. So if they are running the modifieds as one of the last shows, count me out.

Hopefully they will do the portion of the show that was rained out first. Then I'll be thrilled to stop by and see my first modified show ever at DTRP.

limodmaniac,

I encourage you (and everyone else) to stop by Dunn Tire Raceway Park. I went there for a few races while I lived in Western N.Y. and the mods usually produce a great show (along with their support divisions).

28 Cars are qualified, should be a good race with this good car count.
    Rain be gone!!!
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Thread Information