Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To Move Cars or Not to Move Cars...

Wink Not done yet

Nobody said this discussion was closed Steven, silly! Our meeting isn't until the end of September, after that, a decision will be made. I'm glad that opinions are still coming in, it's good to hear from people that run at other tracks.

Speaking of other tracks, we were at Riverhead Raceway out in LI yesterday for their enduros. (1/4 mile asphalt high banked oval) They've been doing enduros since 1986. You want to see an enduro, let me tell you something. 52 cars started in the 8 cyl race and 10 finished. They leave the cars where they are, AND they do NOT stop the race to get the drivers out. The only time they throw a red is if a car rolls over either on it's side or it's lid, then it will get removed from the track. Other than that, it's wall to wall constant action. None of the cars/drivers left on the track got hit. When you get a flat or something else happens to your car, you go straight to the infield if you can make it, and your day is done, no pitting. Now some of you guys are saying, but only 10 out of 52 cars finished the race. They all know the rules, they all know what to expect, it's been done this way since 1986 there and you know what? There will be just as many cars there for the next one, there always is. Not saying that it's safe by any means, but just wanted to show how another track runs their enduros and that they still attract a lot of drivers.

As far as the sun dance goes, I've been doing some enduro dancing to build up to it, no slacking off at the 80 lap mark here!
    Hey Nitty, why you trash talking for Sure Shot Shon? Are you his agent now?
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

triplesevens

Elk Racing

Shon Elk has an agent.......I can't wait to spread that rumor around.

Shon, Maybe your agent "Nitty" can fix my quarter panel and your bumper.

Nitty

Sure Shot Shon?

Hey I Like that ! But no , Not his agent , justa fired up racing fan (with too many non racing days in between) . Im actually pretty fired up to see this entire bunch take on the high banks again. It was awesome the first time. You probably want to stand clear of the fence in the turns , if your watching this one .I would recommend the 3rd and 4th turn bleechers ,where you get a great view of the onslought heading into 3 . If you check out the photos (Big Diamonds Enduro page )that were taken of the cars in 3 and 4 , they are 4 wide in the middle of the turn ,at one point. Crowded and wide open ,at first ,then it went to just wide open , and then wide open with a few obstacles ! Great stuff ! Just follow the no.10 fellas ! He knows the way around!

post # 6 per Matt...Plain and simple CARS STAY ON THE TRACK! case closed I dont care either way, I just thought I would throw that out there. BUT I do love to read everyone giving examples and their opions though...so Cindys right keep on sending in post...and get those cars ready...hope to see a large car count like Im used to racin against...
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 09-02-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Wink 36 posts ago on a dark and stormy night...

Oooops, you are right Steven I stand corrected! It's also written in his post #14, but remember that's Matt's opinion. Which he is entitled too just like all the rest of us. Who loves ya Mattie-Kins? Hope you'll be at the next one Steven!

One thing I forgot to mention about the 8 cylinder enduro races at Riverhead. They run not one 8 cyl race, but two. So if your car isn't too badly damaged from the first race, you get to go out again for redemption in the second one.
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations

bd motorsports
    Well i know i don't want to be a big bulls eye in the middle of the track with a bunch of cars coming at me. but then again it can seperate the skilled drivers from the ones that are just blind to all but the gas pedal. who knows i just mite come and race with neets crew i'm open to new things in life .So i vote for the JAMMER truck ANOTHER VOICE FROM ANOTHER TRACK

no problem Cindy...I just figured that Matt has the flags, he kinda has the last call...besides If he really wants to stop the race...he can just jump on out the tower again...that wasnt funny...im sorry....anyway...being I've been tring to rebuild and get this motor for my Pony-stock running I havnt had anytime to start to look around for an enduro car...I try to be there and watch though...Also my main reason in this post is so this thread ties for the third most replied thread in the NEETS forum... not the mention the number of replies to the greenflag314 site too...

P.S...on a side note that has nothing at all to do with anything I just wrote about...Where's Billy been...
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 09-02-2008 at 09:54 PM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Cool Killing me.....

I don't know that I like the sure shot thing. The guys I work with saw it on the board and have SERIOUSLY twisted it to much worse than sure shot.....if you know what I mean.

The Shon Shank Redemption was pretty funny too. Are we going to see you this weekend Cindy? How's the 75 doing?

777, you are hilarious... How many capt & cokes did you have on Labor day while I was working?

Hope to see everyone this weekend or next.

Shon
    Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

Sure Shot huh? ...yeah, I will have to tear that one apart IN PERSON for you!

I am glad to hear everyone voicing their opinions here, but I have not been getting too many registrations!!! SEND THEM IN!!! DON'T WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!!!

If we have 50+ cars registered by mid September, that will leave about a month of advertising a 50+ CAR RACE!!! ...which will attract more drivers out of the wood work than a 15 car race!

SO KEEP EM COMING!

And we needs a Jammer? Anyone with any ideas? Anyone with an old spare tow truck sitting somewhere?

Steve...that is a question we'll have to fill you in the next time we see you...come into the pits after the Frankenduro and we'll talk.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Wink Pre-registrate...sounds like an ailment, but do it!

Larry, that would be great if you ran with us! Get the car dirt ready and you can run at Grandview...we'll talk more at Bethel this weekend, if the hurricane doesn't get us

Sorry about the Sure Shot Shon! How about we call you "Roto-Rooter" because you can get through a clogged track in record time! You like? Yes, you will see us at New Egypt on Sunday! The Dirt #75 is ready to roll, however, the pavement pounder #75 is still in surgery getting a transmission transplant. Hey Roto, you have connections in the truck/car biz, got any possible Jammers laying around?
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations

bd motorsports
    Sorry cindy i will not see you at bethel this weekend i'll be in lake goerge for the weekend at a big car show finally taking some toys out of stoage and going to play alittle bit but i'll see you the week after have fun and i hope that dr.d does well see ya'll soon and i might have a hook on an old wrecker for you all i'll let you know at the track next weekend

Thread Information