Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spec drag... call out

Spec drag... call out

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243 View Post
    Hey Marty i just got a call from Charlie the Blazer, if you think you can beat him show up if not then i guess u really cant beat anyone and dont make up excuses about it not running rite..... He thinks he can take you and i wouldnt doubt it.

SUNDAY, have your boy there.
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

like the old radio spots..

Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!!
    The time for talking is over!
    Bring your best game.
    And someone please videotape it since I'm gonna be away .

Quote Originally Posted by art11758 View Post
    Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!!
    Bring your best game.

Im not bringing the best game... but it'll get the job done..

Next year though.....if im tickled enough.....i might, i just might run each car once.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

So unowho243 any word ? maybe? he's not? he's coming?

It's thursday already... atleast i give people answers.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Just got off the phone he said he will be there and after the races he wants to run u in a straight line tooo...

P.S i wasnt home all week sry for waiting to get back to u. this should be a good one! good luck everyone!
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243 View Post
    Just got off the phone he said he will be there and after the races he wants to run u in a straight line tooo...

P.S i wasnt home all week sry for waiting to get back to u. this should be a good one! good luck everyone!
    Ok , no problem with straights... See you Sunday
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Jim, no offense to your boy in the blazer, but if he's gonna win in a straight line he needs to learn how to shift.LOL. I have never heard someone miss so many gears!
    Last edited by wayne; 08-29-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Throw out Bearing was GONE. Kid was pumping the clutch on the line. I talked to him before the race.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

Throw out bearing.. oh boy....

Well he has a good chance on the oval, do to abs issues rearing there ugly head, but he hasn't a shot going straight...
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Boomboom, I didn't see this last race, I'm talking about all the other ones.lol

I hear ya Wayne....thats prob. why he had no bearing left for the last race...lol.
    That Blazer is FAST going straight, but he has nothing through the corner. I had a run on him on the outside coming off, but once he straightened out it was a wrap! I think That black Suburban needs to come back out so I can win another pass! (lol).
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

Maybe it's me but it seems like the blazer won't make it a full 1/4 mile straight. It sounds like it really winds up on the short straights and then he gets off unless he just brakes real early.From the grandstands it sounds like his gearing sucks and he runs out of motor too quick. Might be a good set up for burnouts though.

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

randomrodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel Racing View Post
    Maybe it's me but it seems like the blazer won't make it a full 1/4 mile straight. It sounds like it really winds up on the short straights and then he gets off unless he just brakes real early.From the grandstands it sounds like his gearing sucks and he runs out of motor too quick. Might be a good set up for burnouts though.
    Throw out bearing = stick shift, he's not shifting. He's rev'd out at the end of the straight away. In a straight 1/4 mile he'd shift gears, going into a turn he's not going to, he'll use the engine and gearing to slow him down some.

I understand that, but I think he would actually win one week if he found a balance.He spends way too much time not being under power during his lap. The engine braking you are referring to is just way too much down time in my opinion

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

big502cubes
    That guy with the blazer talks alot but has nothing to show for it. Ill be out there with my 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive tomorrow so if you wanna run a straight come and talk.

Thread Information