Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention All Sk Drivers

Doug, thanks for the promo. I'd pick you as a running mate but your from a
    blue state. I need someone from a yellow state (nascar country). Remember
    kids on Nov 4th vote for the candidate of my choice. Palin/MCcain 08'
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by uticamike View Post
    .........and the beat goes on. I find it interesting that this years WMT Champion came from the SK ranks. He's sponsored more than his share of
    yellow's over the years and now we toast him. Some say its' the cars (not me) some say the drivers(yes in some cases). I think its mostly the tracks
    tolerating too much crap with too light of penalities. The WMT race at Spencer was very "SK" like 9/40 and what was the yellow count at Riverhead? I wasn't at the SST race at Oswego this year but my favorite SK hater reported it was actually a pretty good race. I could see the pain in his face when he told me No I don't prefer "sportmods" over "real" ones but the Modified as we know them on a weeky basis is near dead I'll take 20+ "sports" over 10 or less "real" ones thank you. Lame car counts is death to all short track racing.

Mike,

I don't agree with your whole SK hater mentality but you hit it on the head, I will take 20+ Mod Sportsman over a small full blown mod race. At Spencer the track mod race was pretty good. Heats and a consi, what a concept!

By the way TC has really toned it down the last couple of years and look what it got him....

Um,Jaws I think you might have read me wrong. I'm not anti-SK/SST. They exist because of a need. Same as the TV/ROC tours exist. Fielding a full
    blown Mod these days is getting harder and harder. We can start a whole new thread to argue why but the car counts are shrinking as is the number of tracks racing them weekly. On the plus side DTRP looks to having them nearly 3 times a month,Shang2 will hopefully feature them and maybe there will be others. I won't get political here but the economy in 09' is going to be
    a tough one on blue and white collars alike and racing is going to take a hit for it IMHO. Open wheels is what matters to me, Touring/Weekly/wet sump/ harder tire whatever. I wish Brian France were a socalist and spread the Cup "wealth" around and trickle some bucks down to us "little" people race fans. LOL.......................just kiddin
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by KL17 View Post
    I'll go out out limb here (well, not really!) but before you hang the tag of the worst division on the SK's, wait until after the Turkey Derby at Wall. The Wall Sk's don't exactly race smart, but the street stocks take the proverbial cake. In a season when they ran there regularly, it took over 45 minutes for a 25 lap race, and at one point almost 20 minutes to complete 1 lap! Seeing that there's been no racing there this year, I'm expecting this one to fall to the time limit rule (if they have one). If they ran like they have in the past AND the track does invoke a time limit rule as I've heard, my guess will be for an 8 lap feature!
    let's hear it for bashing! it's perfectly fine as long as you don't name names. gotta love it.

I think the whelen tour race went quicker then the sk race that day at stafford

TJ1976
    The SK's were getting pretty wild at the Shootout. Their feature was caution and red flag plagued. They were originally supposed to do double file restarts until lap 30, but since they kept wrecking every lap until lap 16?, the officials pulled the plug on that idea and it was all single file restarts from there

Someone post a pic of the 45 of Gary Young after the accident.

Right at 2 hours for a 50 lapper.. Shew..

Photo of 45SK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9737rs.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	1391  

Quote Originally Posted by JED View Post
    Photo of 45SK
    Holly crap that car is junk.
    Is the driver OK?
    Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser!

that car was junk before the race

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    that car was junk before the race
    Maybe, but it's scrap now.

SK feature was a joke......it's almost like the drivers thought the object was to tear up equipment, not race.

Hence "smash & crash " tm

sk = Seek & Kill
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

Once again....

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaTork View Post
    sk = Seek & Kill
    As if the Pro Stocks wasn't enough to keep me in stitches.......sk= Seek & Kill drove me over the edge! Thanks........Linda

Precision Powered:
    Inertia Hamster Dyno

The First Amendment.....
    The Right To Free Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit504 View Post
    Holly crap that car is junk.
    Is the driver OK?
    It was a hard hit, but the driver walked away and if I saw right he actually wanted to fight the other guy involved!

Oh, and Rabbit, nice signature. Way to be original.
    My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of others around me.

Thread Information