Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Attention All Sk Drivers

TJ1976
    I went to the pits after the SK race and saw what was left of Gary Youngs car after...there wasnt anything worth salvage. Gary did not look well and looked pretty sore. He ended up being taken to the hospital later.

Very stupid of him to take his HANS device off

The driver said during the pit interview after the incident that he would like to rebuild his car and pay back the #14 next year. He also mentioned that during an earlier pitstop, he'd REMOVED his HANS device and ran the rest of the race without it, a decision he regrets making. He is lucky to have walked away unhurt.
    Watching the "SK" race at all is a decision I regret making. What a disgrace to racing, 4 red flags by lap 16, two before an official lap is in the books.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by Racer1_NC View Post
    Maybe, but it's scrap now.

SK feature was a joke......it's almost like the drivers thought the object was to tear up equipment, not race.
    That's the sk mentality in a nutshell! I really hope Charles doesn't bring that sh!t class back there next year.
    WMT: Where sk drivers go when they feel the need to wreck more expensive equipment.

"Those who are willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

WWRD? (What Would Richie Do?)

TJ1976
    Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    The driver said during the pit interview after the incident that he would like to rebuild his car and pay back the #14 next year. He also mentioned that during an earlier pitstop, he'd REMOVED his HANS device and ran the rest of the race without it, a decision he regrets making. He is lucky to have walked away unhurt.
    Watching the "SK" race at all is a decision I regret making. What a disgrace to racing, 4 red flags by lap 16, two before an official lap is in the books.
    Hes lucky he didnt get killed
    Last edited by TJ1976; 11-10-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: link for picture not working

Question Just Plain Stupid

If you were wearing a hans devise and took it off and continued to race that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.That guy is lucky to survive.Iwas in law enforcement for over 30 years and have seen many acts of stupidity like that.Most people that do things like that end up being organ donors.

TJ1976
    Heres the pics I got of Gary's car

Oh boy....
    Enough of this thread also....
    Enough points have been made here about sk's, the sk race and there are many pictures of the race itself and accidents....
    Let's move on....
    Again, I can't wait for threads after Turkey Derby.....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Thread Information