Thread: The decision...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

your concerns and comments...and Eric's *ahem* truck

First off, that you all for these kind words here.

I have been hearing a lot about rough driving. I would like to believe that most of the people who come to race at a NEETS race understand the difference between enduros and demos...the problem being is that we had a lot of new faces this time and I should have stressed the fact a little clearer...I accept the blame here, I 'may' have prevented some intentional hitting. Problem is...when I explain the concept of NEETS to a newbie or an interested driver...most people think instantly, DEMO DERBY!!! I explain the rules and such in short, but they get revved up about smashing each other rather than the ordinary racing they do each an every week. I try to be clear explaining things...but sometimes, people only hear what they want to hear... Take me for example...I only listen to Erin AFTER she smacks me and says "are you listening?". .....of course I was....

The 17dd truck in turn #2...
    1.) Yes, bad position.
    2.) We got the driver out, we could have easily moved the truck down.
    3.) It is/was MY/ERIN's truck.

1 - It was in bad position, no doubt about it. We said at the driver's meeting, dead cars at the end of the turn would remain for the most part. This may have been a bad position, but it was facing the right direction and at the end of the turn...

2 - Eric was removed as he should have been and he was ok...the motor is scrap though. With the red flag out, it would have been easy to move the now dead truck off the track...but #3 below explains why not...

3 - Let me explain my thinking behind the decision to leave the truck lie there... It starts with the #38 of Don Nelson. Don came from Long Island to race with us at Grandview. Don's truck got wrecked and was left on the track. ... My truck got wrecked...why should I move it? I know that my truck is out there with the same chance to get wrecked at any time... I can't bend the rules for my benefit and let Don go home with a wrecked truck and just say to him, "Well, you know how it is...". Also, if anyone did have a scanner tapped into our official's line... It was pretty apparent that the option to move the truck was thrown out there. Several people said it, "Joe, its your truck out there, you want us to move it?". No. It was a small sacrafice to make to keep the playing field even... BUT!!! But, just remember...I still have another truck for Winky Jr. to play with!

Kurt, I am sorry your car got wreck in the midst of things...I had high hopes for you in that car! I guess I'llhave to see you in a different car next time right?

Don, I lost my truck yesterday as did you...you had a blast while you were out there and I had a blast watching my truck race...in the end, we both had fun...isn't that what this is all about?
    Last edited by CJfilms; 10-20-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Thread Information