Monday, 20 October 2008
Canaan, NH – (October 20, 2008) – 2008 ROC modified champion and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour standout Matt Hirschman, Northampton, PA., announced

Monday Oct 20, his intention to compete in Sunday’s “Ricky Miller Memorial 100” at Twin State Speedway, Claremont, NH. It will be Hirschman’s first race with the True Value Modified Racing Series. He’ll drive the Pennsylvania based J & J Motorsports # 59.

With the ROC and Whelen Modified Tour point races behind him, the second generation
racer felt it was time to get in as many races possible before seasons end. All the pressure is off and Hirschman will head to New Hampshire’s Upper Valley with two thoughts, to
win, and have fun.

“This race was supposed to go off a few weeks ago. (Sept 28) When I looked at the schedule and saw the make up date, the timing was perfect.” Hirschman added,
“I raced there before with the Whelen tour and finished second. It’s a great track and fun to drive.”

The race has drawn interest from all over the northeast and will feature many competitors with a link to the famed oval, several who started their careers there. Dwight Jarvis, Peter Jarvis, Jack Bateman, Sean Bodreau, and returning veterans, Peter Daniels, and Roger Raymond, all are ready to tackle their old digs.

Said Hirschman, “There are people (drivers) that could drive that place blindfolded, I have 100 laps under my belt, they have thousands, but a side by side race the last time I was there raises my confidence level. It will be fun; I’m really looking forward to it.

Although this is Hirschman’s first attempt to run a stand alone TVMRS race, he almost competed with the series this year. “I looked at a couple but the timing was not right. If I was closer to New England or lived up that way, you’d see me a lot more. I’d probably give that series the support I give the ROC. But where I am in Pennsylvania, the ROC is the right deal for me.” We’ll see, I’d like to run (your) series more in 2009.”

Hirschman will have competed in 40 races this year with 11 major wins and the ROC
Big Trophy to show for it. He’ll be at Twin State, Sunday, to support Ricky’s race and try to add another win to his 2008 resume.

Sunday’s race is also a qualifying event for the North-South Shootout in Concord, NC; Nov 8, and the 6th annual John Blewett III Memorial Race. Races start at 1:00 PM