Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention All Sk Drivers

NLECUYER

Thumbs down Attention All Sk Drivers

You should be happy to know your all the laughing stock of racing ...that was some of the worst racing ...well I wouldent even call it racing I have ever seen . I wish i could say it was just a bad day ,but its like this every time we get forced into watching your poor excuse for a series ... I hope you guys have alot of money to dump into those cars cause you aint gonna get a ride in a respectful series with a showing like that ...Atleast i know next time if i forget anything at home i have plenty of time to run home (2 hours away ) and get it and not miss any of the real action .,.keep up the good work

M T Pockets

Not Totaly True

Unfortunately, what we saw today does happen in all divisions on occassion. To make such a general statement is unfair to atleast the front half of the field. There was some fierce racing going on up front only to be negated by the antics of those in the back of the field who just couldn't race.

Congrats to Woody and the Champion. They were two drivers among others that showed they were capable of racing a good race.

I totally agree with MT....
    There was great side by side in the front of the pack with the SK's. Most of the issues were mid pack...
    BTW: Wasn't it nice to see Fran again MT??? LOL
    Fran's gonna kill me......
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

I said this in the "Stafford" thread and I'll say it here, too:

All those cats in the SK race that spin and sit there waiting for the yellow to come out then mysteriously pull away when it does come out should be parked, period. Not put down a lap or 3 laps, but parked.
    No excuse for ruining a race for everyone else because of someone's own selfishness.
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

M T Pockets
    Rich, I cancelled the A P B and Amber Alert. At first I thought it was a mirage or something but it was really him in person! Wild Bill getting an award, Bobby Allison the Horn and we came home in one piece. What a memorable day!!!

Camper Lady
    It was an interesting race to say the least. Hats off to TC, Keith and Woody for putting on a great show some good ole side by side racing. A BIG applause to Keith for a job well done and well deserved. Looking forward to seeing him in Mod at Thompson.

Angry

The sk's were brutal. I understand Rich's post that during the year they had some great races, but even a blind squirel finds a nut. It just seems there's a lot of stupidity especially when it comes to cautions. It's like beating a dead horse. Everytime we get on here, all divisions, we say how the cars should be black flagged for bringing out the cautions, and nothing changes. Or my other favorite move is just stopping in the middle of the backstretch. These guys need to brighten up.

As for Rgee and MT No Comment
    "points don't buy food, and trophies taste like s***!"- Ed Flemke Sr.

Didn't they black flag Steven Reed for bringing out caution?I would agree the racing up front was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
    I said this in the "Stafford" thread and I'll say it here, too:

All those cats in the SK race that spin and sit there waiting for the yellow to come out then mysteriously pull away when it does come out should be parked, period. Not put down a lap or 3 laps, but parked.
    No excuse for ruining a race for everyone else because of someone's own selfishness.
    SL, couldn't have said it better myself! I can't stand that. Park 'em, see if they sit and wait again. I bet the get rolling asap!

Rob,
    aka, stefanikfan

Sounds like the sk's weren't any better than the misnamed 'Pro' Stocks at Seekonk.
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

MattCarey
    It took like 30 minutes to go 10 laps! I feel bad for TC and Keith and the other guys up front who could have had some exciting racing, had it not been for the cautions every 2 laps! I didn't get the exact count but I only saw like 11 cars on the track at the end. It wasn't pretty. At leas the weather was niiiiiiice and being outside was a blessing.

I can't figure out why they penalize someone 3 laps, and then give him the lucky dog 3 times to get back on the lead lap.
    Why give the penalty to begin with if your going to give the laps back?
    Dumb rule!
    Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser!

RichKeator
    I posted this on another thread... but it just seems like our sks always do this... whenever they race on the big weekends like Spring sizzler or fall final they fall apart... for our die hard fans at SMS, you know that there was a stretch in july august where they put on some good shows, just too bad they get the black eyes when the tour fans come in and all they see is a wreck fest... maybe they can't run a feature in the daylight... kinda like waterford can't run with people in the stands...OHH I KID I KID

Quote Originally Posted by TMAC View Post
    Didn't they black flag Steven Reed for bringing out caution?I would agree the racing up front was pretty good.
    Yeah, they penalized him 3 laps, but because of their STUPID lucky dog rule, he got all 3 laps back and finished 6th. WooHoo!
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

MandyB
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKeator View Post
    whenever they race on the big weekends like Spring sizzler or fall final they fall apart...
    Or that rare moment when one of the touring series is in town (ie: last year when the CWES was in town; the SK race was as long as the touring race).

But yeah -- for the most part, this kind of thing happens every opening week and every closing week. When the SKs take to the track, there will be some sort of dramaesque business involved.

Thread Information