Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Value Modified Racing Series 2009 Schedule

My vote is still for a second All-Star race on the September Cup weekend.
    Although, any weekend for All-Star would do.

keep the Waterford date open as it's looking worse for the prospects of opening. Although listening to Rocco Arbetel on the radio he sounds like he have fun running the bowl.

I have been told there is going to be a second date at Twin State Speedway on June 5th (a friday night) can't wait for this one 5 minutes from our shop.
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

June 5

I see that it is already posted on the Twin State website!

I couldn't help but notice that TVMS removed the Seekonk Open date from the schedule when the added Thompson and the second Twin State. It probably means nothing but why remove it if it was already there?

SHREK

Thompson gets a date on June 18th

The Truevalue Mods will be running a 75 lap race on Thursday June 18th

Got it from the ThompsonSpeedway web site

SHREK

Seekonk

Yes, any one know why the Seekonk date was removed from the True Value schedule? I realize its not a points race, but was it removed for any other reason?

Also, am I assuming correctly that the Wiscasset race is no longer on the schedule?

Waterford

Quote Originally Posted by MJProcko View Post
    keep the Waterford date open as it's looking worse for the prospects of opening. Although listening to Rocco Arbetel on the radio he sounds like he have fun running the bowl.
    I copied this from the Waterford Speedbowl website:

2009 Season Safe - Foreclosure Extended

Speedbowl management has successfully petitioned the Superior Court of New London to postpone the possible foreclosure sale of the facility until October 31st of this year. The Court had previously set March 7 as the sale date. This new schedule effectively ensures that the 2009 racing season will be completed.

"This gives us valuable time to arrange permanent financing and at the same time it protects the financial interests of all the parties involved", said Terry Eames, track owner and promoter. "We still have a lot to do to bring the 'Bowl back to its former glory, but, with this news and the fantastic support we are getting from the racing community, the job gets easier every day", Eames added.

I saw that, but in the courant it also said that Rocco was going to appeal so who knows once the lawyers get involved.....

SHREK
    Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post

Also, am I assuming correctly that the Wiscasset race is no longer on the schedule?

I heard from a very good source they will not be at Wiscassett...

SHREK

just went on Seekonk's website and they will have the open modified race on July 15th

Thread Information