Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no imperials and 82 and newer

no imperials and 82 and newer

Hi Just heard from the track ,all demos including the championship will now be 82 and newer and that of course means no imperials.anybody want to buy a couple of imperials?lol

82 and newer?how long do you think demos are going to last with these "rock solid cars".that ought to be a real barn burner.i think that if you are fortunate to own the the oldies you should be able to run it.

Who from the track told you this? I would go with '80 and newer for the regular season, and any year for championship. If no Imperials, so be it. JMHO
    Last edited by Gravel; 12-06-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    Consistancy is the key.

i emailed them about any rules changes and thats what they emailed me back.i have seen 82 and newer demos and they are still very good .i personally like the old iron better,but we should be able to increase the car count and also put on a pretty good show,while also getting some new faces to demo because it will be much cheaper to get into.

Well, I'll wait until I see them printed.
    Consistancy is the key.

Why dont you email the track?To much work?

Open to correction here, wasn't there a time perhaps at the beginning of the Blunderbust division, where there was a rules change to the effect that any car that was Blunderbust eligible was not permitted to demo??

Yes, Art, you are correct. When the Blunderbusts first came about, it was any car over 4500 lbs. So, in order to help the division grow, all Caddy's, Lincoln's, and Chryslers were declared ineligable for demo derby at Riverhead. However, as time and rules changed, The Chevy Caprice's were allowed, so the ban was lifted.
    Consistancy is the key.

killa54

?????

its getting close and i was wondering if anyone knows what the minimum year for the demo cars are going 2 be. first i heard 80, then 82. now im hearing 85. does anyone know.

not to sound like a .... but if you can come on to this forum you can go to riverheads website and click on rules, choose demo and read them.

Here ya go.....

2. The 8 Cylinder Division is open to any 1982 or newer American made unibody hard top passenger car (no compacts). Compacts and foreign cars are allowed in the 4/6 Cylinder Demolition Derby.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

There was discussion at the winter meetings about changing it...so, no, it isn't as easy as going on Riverhead's web site.

My notes from the meeting say 1980 or newer. I will confirm this with the track staff over the weekend at the preseason safety tech.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

on the riverhead site under rules is says 82 and newer,but Tracy says it might be different,i allready have 2 82 or newer cars for the demo so im all set.

I love demo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, can't wait to get started
    Consistancy is the key.

Thread Information