Thread: Cranking Compression 09 RULES

Exclamation Cranking Compression 09 RULES

Cranking Compression:Effective May 15, 2008, we are changing the maximum cranking compression on a 1200cc unsealed engine to 165 lbs - tested in accordance with the current INEX Rulebook. This cranking compression closely resembles the cranking compression of a stock Yamaha 1200cc engine. If your 1200cc engine pumps more than 165lbs, it is a quick and simple fix by adjusting the cam timing on your slotted cam gear or adjusting the valve shims. Illustrations of the slotted cam gear can be found at www.600racing.com. If you need additional assistance with this procedure, please contact 600 Racing.

jmshh60

cranking compression

that was the big stir on the yahoo site from last season...probably will not affect us much.
    Joe
    Last edited by jmshh60; 01-28-2009 at 05:13 PM.

As stated at the meeting... They will enforce the 180lb compression rule as used in past years. Walter stated that cars without sealed motors will be subject to heavier & more strict inspection during the season. And if your car is 181lbs HOT or COLD he will take the motor from you no IF, ANDS, or BUTS about it...
    Thanks,
    Bryan M. Johnson

Cool Correct Cranking Compression Rule By Inex

BRIAN,here is the 09 rule on cranking compression right from 09 rulebook,8. 1200 CRANKING COMPRESSION:

The cranking
    compression of an un-sealed engine must be at or below
    165 p.s.i. at anytime (hot or cold) on at least three (3)
    cylinders with the ignition off and the throttle wide open
    with the carburetors on the engine, and all four spark
    plugs out. Ten to twelve revolutions of the engine will
    determine the total compression of a cylinder. Cam timing
    may be adjusted accordingly to meet the requirements of this
    rule by slotting the cam sprocket gear or substituting with an
    aftermarket cam gear sprocket. INEX highly recommends that
    you have your engine set at 155lb. cranking compression instead of
    right on the line at 165 lb. to allow for slight variations between
    gauges. There is no tolerance for engines over 165 lb. and the
    gauge used by the tech inspector is the “official gauge".

This is the rule right out of the INEX RULEBOOK 09..If RIVERHEAD is an INEX santioned track ,THEY should use these rules...........KEVIN 53ny

Kevin,

That same rule was in effect last year as well, and it wasn't enforced like the rule states. BUT they did enforce making sure the open motors that are still floating around WILL and SHOULD BE under 180lb cranking compression.

So why the push now? Enforce the rule fully and loose 10 cars... Same rule was there and nothing was said?? And I think you ran an open motor for the first half of the season last year didn't you??
    Thanks,
    Bryan M. Johnson

Kevin,

That same rule was in effect last year as well, and it wasn't enforced like the rule states. BUT they did enforce making sure the open motors that are still floating around WILL and SHOULD BE under 180lb cranking compression.

So why the push now? Enforce the rule fully and loose 10 cars... Same rule was there and nothing was said?? And I think you ran an open motor for the first half of the season last year didn't you??
    _____Brian,rule is rule...with out rule there would be complete chaos.....Riverhead should enforce every rule of the book with no exceptions....Last year i ran with several compettitors from other tracks that were affected by this rule in may 08...They were unhappy but CONFORMED.._They lowerd there cranking comression so they woulnd be DQ from tec the following Week...__As for me, NO I DIDNT RUN AN OPEN MOTOR LAST YEAR AT ALL !!!! I HAVE TWO SEALED MOTORS..... as FOR LOOSIN TEN CARS i dont think so ,to lower the cranking compression its a simple cheap fix

fred card
    how about the illegal sealed motors running at the head you know who you are i can think of 2 anyone can install a seal

Thread Information